KidsVoice advocates in court and in the community to ensure a safe and permanent home for abused, neglected and at-risk children, providing a voice of hope, a voice for rights, and a voice of experience for children who otherwise cannot speak for themselves. Representing more than 3,000 children annually in the Allegheny County Juvenile Court system, KidsVoice provides the full-service advocacy that every abused, abandoned, voiceless and vulnerable child deserves. KidsVoice continues to represent clients through age 24 to help them transition to live independently after leaving the child welfare and juvenile court systems at 21.
KidsVoice is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration. The ideal candidate would be a finance professional who has extensive experience in non-profit accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, benefits administration, insurance administration, and in managing administrative and IT functions. The Director of Finance and Administration will work collaboratively with the other members of the KidsVoice management team and the supervisory staff to develop budgets and financial reports, implement financial policies and procedures, recommend compliance and cost-saving measures, manage projects, supervise staff and address a wide range of financial, HR, administration and IT tasks.
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the following:
- Prepare quarterly financial statements and variance/other analysis, in addition to financial projections
- Prepare the annual agency budget with input from other members of management
- Prepare budgets for grant proposals and grant reports to a variety of funders
- Manage all invoicing and financial reporting to funding sources and the accounts payable function
- Oversee reconciliation between accounting system and fundraising records in Salesforce
- Determine cash flow needs and manage/move funds accordingly
- Ensure proper internal controls over accounting transactions and offer suggestions for improvements as needed
- Negotiate agency contracts as designated by the Executive Director
- Serve as liaison and contact for the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
- Oversee the payroll and benefit administration functions
- Prepare documents for and coordinate the annual audit and related tax and other filings
- Liaison with outside vendors for investment management, banking, and insurance
- Manage the administrative aspects of agency’s retirement plans
- Provide guidance to the HR Manager as needed
- Liaison with outside vendors for retirement plans, health insurance and other employee benefits
- Manage the agency’s IT function by directing and coordinating with the outsourced IT vendor for all IT troubleshooting, equipment upgrades, network security and hardware, software and network maintenance needs
- Prepare annual IT plan and budget with outsourced IT vendor
- Manage employee IT and cybersecurity training
- Supervise the Full-Charge Bookkeeper, Human Resources Manager, Office Manager, and Receptionist
- Other projects or tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. A CPA and/or MBA with a minimum of 5 years of experience in financial management and operations are preferred. Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills needed. Supervisory experience and experience in human services, legal services or nonprofit organizations strongly preferred. Working knowledge of HR and IT functions in a nonprofit environment desired.
Please submit both a cover letter, indicating why you are interested in the position, as well as a resume.
To apply for this job please visit csskvp.sentrichr.com.