KidsVoice provides a voice of hope, a voice for rights and a voice of experience for abused, neglected and at-risk children who otherwise cannot speak for themselves. KidsVoice vigilantly guides each child through the court process and ensures that every agency involved meets the full range of the child’s needs.
KidsVoice offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits including very generous time off, excellent health insurance, 403(b) match, assistance with parking or transportation costs, performance bonus program, casual dress work environment and the ability to schedule partial work from home.
We currently have a Staff Attorney position available:
The Staff Attorney works on a regional multi-disciplinary team to advocate for children of abuse and neglect in their dependency proceedings in Allegheny County. The attorneys team with Child Advocacy Specialists to advocate for the child in the community and at court. The Staff Attorney will:
- Provide legal representation to KidsVoice clients
- Advocate for the child in the court and other forums
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Counsel clients regarding the role of KidsVoice, court hearings and services
- Visit and interview clients in their current living environment
- Prepare cases and maintain case files in a shared caseload with other staff
- Participate in on-going training and continuing education necessary for professional development
Required qualifications include:
- JD degree and license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Prior legal experience, preferably 1-2 years of litigation and courtroom experience
- Knowledge of child development and/or child welfare issues preferred.
To apply for this job please visit csskvp.sentrichr.com.