La Roche University
Website La Roche University
A private, Catholic, co-educational university.
La Roche University is currently seeking an Associate Vice President of Human Resources (AVP HR), who will provide overall leadership and direction for Human Resources initiatives and priorities for the University. This position ensures compliance with federal, state, local and other applicable regulations governing human capital and corresponding practices and policies. Additionally, the AVP HR will be responsible for the University’s compensation plans, employee benefits administration, employee relations, recruitment and retention, performance management, safety and health, and training and development programs.
The AVP HR reports directly to the University Provost & Senior Vice President and is a member of the Academic Affairs Division. This position will lead the human resources initiatives of the University’s 2022 – 2026 Strategic Plan, and contribute to the execution and success metrics of associated project tasks. The AVP HR provides information to the HR Committee and makes recommendations to senior leadership regarding various programs affecting both employees and the University.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage entire scope of the Human Resources function and provide support to all areas including recruitment and employment, health & welfare and retirement plan administration, compensation planning, employee relations, training and development and workplace safety.
- Supervise HR professionals/paraprofessionals including the University’s Assistant Director of HR, and the HR Specialist for the Congregation of Divine Providence.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations applicable to the employee lifecycle; research, communicate and implement required updates and/or changes under agencies and related rulings including the DOL, EBSA, FMLA, EEOC, OSHA, and other associated directives.
- Work closely with benefits consultants/insurance brokers to oversee the annual benefit process. Assist leadership with recommendations for plan design, costs, and implementation, along with compliance with the Affordable Care Act. Lead execution of open enrollment; monitor plan trends and utilization; develop and maintain relationships with insurance providers.
- Handle employee relations matters in accordance with legal and generally accepted employment practices; research issues, develop action plans, guide management in progressive discipline plans where necessary. Work closely with outside counsel, leadership in regards to actions/changes affecting the employment relationship.
- Oversee the University’s hiring processes including the approval of requested positions and appropriate posting materials; review applications/applicant tracking, assist search committees as needed, ensure required background clearances are conducted and finalized.
- Develop training programs/schedule for both employee development and enhancement, and in accordance with best practices; team with leaders to assess organizational needs and develop strategies and programs for implementation.
- Oversee the University’s practices associated with employee terminations; manage exit interview process, maintain statistics, assess/communicate trends when appropriate. Manage and respond to unemployment inquiries and account statements; ensure timely payment of claims invoices.
- Review, maintain and update University handbooks (e.g., Faculty, Staff) and policies as necessary; work in conjunction with internal policy committees for formal approvals and dissemination.
- Serve as a subject matter expert/representative for the Human Resource Committee of the Board of Trustees; may also serve on related committees/task forces for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, safety, policy review, and higher education accreditations.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience across various Human Resource functions; some managerial experience
- Higher education background strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of fair employment practices and employment law
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across all departments and disciplines, and with diverse constituencies
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentialities
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience
- Professional certification(s) such as SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP a plus
Qualified candidates can submit a resume and cover letter to Employment@LaRoche.edu. Please add “Associate Vice President of Human Resources” in the subject line.
Candidates subject to background clearances. Review of application materials will begin immediately; position open until filled.
La Roche offers a competitive benefits package and generous paid time off programs, including educational opportunities for faculty and staff, spouses and dependents. Visit laroche.edu for more information about the campus, the mission and history and the surrounding metropolitan area.
To apply for this job email your details to Employment@LaRoche.edu