Larimer Consensus Group
Website Larimer Consensus Group
VISION: Provide opportunities for quality housing, promote self-sufficiency of the residents, to improve recreational and human service opportunities, maximize employment and training opportunities and, develop programming specific to the needs of the Larimer community in adherence to the Larimer Vision to Action Plan.
MISSION: To empower the Larimer neighborhood to move into sustainable community and economic development via strong communication networks, partnerships, and an open participatory process.
Position: Grant Writer
Status: Independent Contractor
Reports to: Board Chair of the Larimer Consensus Group (LCG)
LCG seeks an assertive, collaborative, high performing individual to enhance its fundraising efforts in the region and help to expand the capacity for community engagement through leveraging dollars and resources for the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- The Grant Writer is responsible for researching, developing and writing all grants for (LCG) to maximize the various program and funding capacities.
- Support efforts to achieve the annual financial goals for (LCG).
- Work collaboratively with program and development staff to create compelling grant proposals and funding requests, taking the lead as the project manager.
- Work collaboratively with program staff to prepare internal and external reports.
- Possess a strong knowledge of government, foundation and corporate funding sources.
- Manage the oversight, research, development, submission and reporting process of all grants, proposals and applications.
- Coordinate with relevant staff/Board in order to solicit timely and appropriate input/review of grant proposals prior to submission deadlines.
- Review guidelines for all applications/proposals and reports to ensure all submissions are accurately formatted and include all required information.
- Maintain a portfolio of current and prospective funders.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with funding sources.
- Conduct research to identify new opportunities that match the goals and objectives of the agency to help grow the existing portfolio of funders to ensure (LCG) maintains a diverse portfolio of funders.
- Provide quarterly and annual reports to track progress to be shared with leadership and the board of directors.
- Collaborate with staff to establish new funding sources.
- Maintain a calendar of grant activities to include application/proposal due dates, reporting deadlines and renewals.
- Ensure grant information/tracking is documented, up-to-date, accurate and entered into Raisers Edge.
- Coordinate meetings for the Program Staff and Board of Directors as needed.
- Attend information sessions, RFP meetings and/or other community forums to interact with potential funders, program managers and possible collaborative partners.
- Attend appropriate grant related trainings and seminars to continue to learn and grow.
- Support general fundraising activities, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a related field required.
- Must possess knowledge of government, foundation and corporate funding sources.
- Must possess strong writing and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong project management skills.
- Must be highly organized and comfortable working under pressures and meeting deadlines.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve goals.
- Must be proficient in computer software programs and databases.
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience with budgeting and budget development is preferred.
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an ethnically diverse community setting
- Ability to effectively manage multiple funding opportunities at one time.
Working Conditions: The Grant Writer works independently but will have office space at the LCG headquarters to meet with and collaborate with the LCG staff and Board as needed. Position is expected to travel as necessary in the performance of the duties as a Grant Writer. The working hours are set by the independent Contractor. There will be requests to attend staff, board and community meetings which may be after hours in the evening on occasions.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org