Latino Community Center
Website Latino Community Center
The Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for managing, producing, and delivering effective digital communications highlighting LCC programs, services, news & updates, and supports available to the Latino/a/x community. Reporting to the Director of Development & Communications, this position will be responsible for ensuring LCC’s brand continuity and presence across a wide variety of digital channels including social media, a digital newsletter, and website.
Communications & Newsletter
- Help create, document, and update an organizational strategic communications plan in alignment with the organizational Development Plan
- Create and maintain a communications calendar for all communications, including social media and newsletter publications
- Manage routine updates to LCC’s website as well as the creation of new pages, changes to navigation, user experience testing, and troubleshooting
- Manage the editorial production of LCC’s monthly Spanish-language family newsletter, which includes working with program staff on ensuring on-time delivery of all content and designing the final newsletter for publication on LCC’s website and social media pages
- Consistently create compelling graphics for LCC’s communications needs including graphics for print, social media, website, and multimedia content
- Manage the graphic design process from inception to final delivery of assets to printers and external production teams
- Manage, monitor, and maintain LCC’s presence across a variety of social media pages (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Create, curate, and develop content for LCC’s social media pages
- Partner with the Director of Development & Communications on execution of social media sponsorship benefits and grant-funded program social media deliverables
- Use data-driven insights to propose new content and strategies to boost LCC’s followers and social media engagement
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ CERTIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated graphic design skills and a minimum of intermediate proficiency with Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, and Lightroom.
- Direct experience managing digital channels and digital communications, especially creating content for and managing social media accounts
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, or related field with one-year work experience related directly to working in a communications role within a nonprofit organization preferred
OTHER SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Experience building and managing websites using Squarespace
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Experience with SEO/SEM strategies and social media monitoring tools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with families, partners, program staff, and other agency personnel
- Highly skilled communicator
- Superior organizational skills
- Cultural sensitivity to the needs of the Latino community
- Team player and go-getter with a growth-mindset; takes initiative
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and plan work activities effectively
- Must possess excellent computer, organizational, and data management skills
- Availability to work flexible hours including afternoons, evenings, and some weekends is required
- Represents the LCC values: Empathy, Positive and Welcoming, Growth Mindset, Professionalism, Passion and Education.
Hours per Week: 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $35,000-$38,000
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Title(s) of Direct Reports (if applicable): Interns
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Working locations will include, but are not limited to: local schools and universities, the Latino Community Center, and remote work. Frequently required to work at a fast pace. Requires considerable concentration and creativity.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be necessary for this role. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com