The Project Coordinator helps to lead and coordinate various projects within the Family Services Team. This team is made up of highly motivated people who are responsible for contacting families and individuals served by the Latino Community Center in and around Allegheny county. This person ideally possesses supervisory experience, has managed projects or programs, takes initiative, is a team player and visionary.
- Coordinate and oversee the successful planning and completion of different projects
- Assist with hiring, onboarding and training new staff that are part of a program where additional staffing is needed (ex: COVID-19 Campaign).
- Participate in ongoing meetings and presentations with LCC partners, allies and other local/state/national organizations to raise awareness about LCC’s programs, as well as maintain and establish relationships with these organizations.
- Lead and manage a team of various part-time or full-time staff members, with varying degrees of experience, skills and knowledge.
- Identifies training opportunities for staff to participate in, to acquire the most updated knowledge regarding relevant resources and other pertinent information.
- Address any barriers families are facing, and participate in brainstorming/problem solving meetings to address the barriers around project participation.
- Consistently meets all agency assigned outcome goals with respect to number of families served.
- Collaborates with other members of the LCC crisis response team to ensure family goals are addressed and met.
- Participates in LCC team meetings as needed.
- Maintain Client Records in electronic databases provided.
- Maintains accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and LCC guidelines.
- Prepares related reports including but not limited to: outcomes, successes, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of grant requests and funding continuation from outside sponsors.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations, and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws and agency policies and procedures, including HIPAA.
- Due to the leadership role Latino Community Center is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all Latino Community Center staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field highly preferred (ex: psychology, public health, communications, sociology, etc)
- Past experience with supervising a team of people required
- Past experience with community organizing, mobilization and engagement highly preferred
- Experience in utilizing technology including (but not limited to) smartphones, computers, computer applications (email, Excel, Word, etc).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with families and individuals served by LCC
- Must speak Spanish. Bilingual in Spanish and English and culturally sensitive to the needs of the Latino community
- Ability to work independently and within a team; go-getter with a growth-mindset; takes initiative
- Ability to deliver results and establish a reliable track record, prioritize and multitask
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Must possess excellent organizational and data management skills, attention to detail is imperative
- Must be flexible to meet with families and individuals at a time most convenient to them, which
may include some evenings and Saturdays
- PA Driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation required
Hours per Week: 40 hours per week
Salary Range: $38,000-$42,000
Reports to: Director of Family Services
Titles of direct reports: COVID-19 Vaccine Awareness Champions, other interns or staff that may be providing support to a given program at any given time.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. 1) Will require some traveling throughout Allegheny County conducting home visits to best meet families needs; 2) Frequently required to work at a fast pace; 3) Requires considerable concentration and creativity
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be necessary for this role. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com