Lauri Ann West Community Center
Website Lauri Ann West Community Center
The Lauri Ann West Community Center is an independent non-profit organization in the heart of O’Hara Township (Fox Chapel Areas School District) serving over 5,000 members with an annual budget of over $1.5M. Our mission is to build connections, expand horizons and impact lives by providing a safe place for all to learn, play and grow. In 2016, we concluded a decade-long capital campaign culminating in the opening of our new $10M facility, a significant transformation to the 1950s-era school building from which we had operated over the past 30 years.
The Marketing & Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for developing and leading the strategy and execution of all marketing and development goals and donor initiatives for the organization. This role is responsible for all activities related to the development of excellent donor and member relations, effective member and donor administration, a compelling and well-messaged brand, and consistent and broad-reaching communications. The Director of Marketing & Development role requires a relationship-oriented fundraiser with a drive to be creative in a team environment.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Director Development committee, to formulate and execute a long-term plan for development to include future fundraising goals and campaigns. Expectation is to meet and exceed short and long term goals.
- Lead the delivery of effective and timely written communications via the Center’s website, social media, news media, seasonal published program guides, promotional mailings, Annual Report, materials to support programs, rentals and membership/fitness priorities.
- Oversee the development and execution of an annual marketing plan to meet the revenue and strategic plan goals as established by the Executive Director and consistent with the Center’s annual business plan.
- Develop plans to effectively utilize the Center’s website and social media as strategic marketing tools and oversee training as necessary.
- Identify additional funding opportunities within the Center’s strategic plan.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Center’s strategic plan.
- Plan, manage and successfully execute major fundraising events and projects designed to raise funds and advance the Center’s strategy plan and mission.
- Build upon past relationships and cultivate new corporate, individual, foundation and governmental donors, to support Center needs and priorities on an annual basis and to lay the groundwork for a potential capital campaign in the future.
- Organize and motivate staff, board and volunteers to execute annual community-focused special events and fundraisers. Evaluate new ideas for fundraisers that align with the mission.
- Implement and use accurate and achievable annual marketing and communications budget and administrative tools, including a robust donor database.
- Maintain and manage the donor database and all related data entry, updating, and reporting.
- Coordinate the work plan and delivery of Annual Campaign marketing materials.
- Coordinate and lead Board Development Committee meetings and attend all full Center Board of Director meetings (6 per year).
- Oversight of the part-time Community Outreach Associate.
- All other duties as assigned to support the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of five years leading development efforts for a non-profit, membership-driven organization.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, foster and realize profitable relationships with past and future individual, corporate and governmental donors, volunteers, political constituents and neighbors alike.
- Demonstrated ability/proficiency in using donor/member database tools (including MS Excel). Demonstrated/documented experience in leading or being a part of a successful capital campaign or annual appeal process.
- Ability to develop and achieve annual and monthly marketing plans, using membership software (Daxko).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills required.
- Customer focused and ability to relate and engage all levels of donors, investors and members with professionalism and build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to write, copy and construct articles of interest and monitor internal/external communications/publications for all local media outlets. (i.e., press releases)
- Proficiency in creation and publication of messaging through multiple marketing vehicles including visual, digital and written communications via conventional and emerging social media that includes brochures, flyers, imaging, and program guides.
- Highly proficient with Google G-Suite and Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to integrate with and support a diverse and community-oriented organization, demonstrating a strong sense of ethics and values at all times.
- A passion for professional growth and organizational excellence working as an individual, and as a member or leader of teams.
- Participation in meetings and special events outside of conventional workweek will be expected on occasion, to include evenings and weekends.
- Ability to plan and manage projects effectively and on time and within budget.
- Clearances will be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position requires frequent walking, sitting, bending, stooping, periodically standing for long periods, using hand or fingers to manipulate, touch, or handle, and climb stairs.
- The work environment noise level is typical of a moderately noisy standard business with equipment running and members entering and exiting.
- Vision abilities required by this job include near and far vision, depth perception, and to differentiate colors.
- Frequently will need to lift or push up to 15 pounds, periodically up to 30 pounds.
Full time – Lauri Ann West Community Center offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package for full time employees. This includes medical benefits, IRA plan with competitive employer match, excellent paid time-off benefits.
$55,000 – $70,000/year base (plus potential for annual year end success bonus to reward excellent results)
The responsibilities outlined above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, supports the mission, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Lauri Ann West Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org