The Operations Manager of the Lawrenceville Corporation (LC) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization, including general management, human resources, office management and administration, accounting & bookkeeping, and managing two mission-based real estate holdings, as well as other related duties as assigned. The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs duties and responsibilities that may include the following tasks:
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all governmental and funder requirements for nonprofits.
- Manages contracts with public agencies and private foundations; submits grant requisitions for payment; manages fundraising calendar for submission and report deadlines; prepares regular reports; maintains grant contracts and files.
- Oversees insurance policies & renewals, including general liability, property, workers’ comp, directors & officers, etc.
- Serves as property manager for Ice House Artist Studios & Blackbird Artist Studios, including:
- Serving as the primary contact for building tenants
- Preparing and managing the annual budget
- Overseeing leases, and recruiting new tenants as needed
- Scheduling and overseeing ongoing maintenance and repairs
- Supervising maintenance and custodial service providers
- Maintains personnel files and current job descriptions.
- Maintains personnel policies manual and coordinates periodic review and updates.
- Works with Executive Director to recruit, hire, and orient new staff.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and reconciles quarterly payroll reports.
- Administers employee benefits including paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement plan, and workers’ compensation.
Office Management & Administration:
- Handles purchasing and leasing of office equipment, hardware, software, and supplies.
- Works with vendors to schedule work, negotiate rates and contracts, and contain costs.
- Develops streamlined office systems and troubleshoots IT issues.
- Oversees development and maintenance of internal information sharing system and record-keeping structure and filing systems.
- Provides bookkeeping support to the Executive Director and Finance Manager, including:
- Accounts payable: processing invoices and acquiring corporate signatures for bill paying
- Accounts receivable: processing payments and making bank deposits.
- General ledger data entry and maintenance.
- Maintains financial policies and procedures manual and coordinates periodic review and updates.
- Assists the Finance Manager in organizing information for the annual audit.
- Executes fiscal agency agreements with and performs bookkeeping services for custodial events.
- Maintains accounting records and files.
- Fields general organizational inquiries via phone, email, and visitors.
- Provides scheduling support to the Executive Director.
- Attends required committee and board meetings; assists with preparing agendas and report and taking minutes.
- Provides general staff support and performs other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Attends community meetings and events in evenings and on weekends occasionally and when necessary.
Experience & Abilities:
- Three-five plus years of experience in nonprofit operations, administration, and finance.
- Previous experience in property management preferred.
- Previous experience in community development field preferred.
- Positive and professional attitude; strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small, non-profit environment.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and Google Apps for Business.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position and reports to the Executive Director. The salary range is $48,000-$52,000, commensurate with experience. Lawrenceville Corporation offers comprehensive employee benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance for staff and family members, retirement plan contribution, and generous paid time off. LC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Lawrenceville Corporation at email@example.com with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
The Lawrenceville Corporation—driven by the Lawrenceville community—acts as the catalyst and conduit for responsible and sustainable growth.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org