Website Lawrenceville Corporation
The Lawrenceville Corporation (LC)—driven by the Lawrenceville community—acts as the catalyst and conduit for responsible and sustainable growth. The LC’s Community Development Manager is responsible for implementing community planning initiatives, key community projects related to mobility and infrastructure, targeted real estate activities, and assisting in the general operations of the Lawrenceville Corporation. The Community Development Manager represents the LC in interactions with the community (residents, community partner organizations, and institutional leaders), elected officials and agency representatives, and assists the Executive Director as well as the Business District Manager and Operations Manager in a variety of areas. This position reports to the Executive Director and is a full-time, exempt position with expected 40 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities that may include any combination of the following tasks:
Community Planning and Project Coordination
- Coordinate implementation of eco-district planning and project review with staff, Board, and other community stakeholders.
- Coordinate Community Development Review Process in partnership with Lawrenceville United staff: monitor and track new development projects, schedule and facilitate community meetings, prepare agendas, and manage correspondence with developers and other partners.
- Coordinate organizational work related to riverfront, mobility, streetscape, and open-space planning and development, including Green Boulevard, Arsenal Park, and Leslie Park.
- Field inquiries about Lawrenceville from interested parties, including providing site location assistance referrals.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to Real Estate committee and support Better Streets Lawrenceville initiative: recruit and retain committee members, schedule and facilitate meetings, prepare agendas, oversee follow-up and manage committee volunteers. Support other volunteer community-based initiatives and projects including Lawrenceville Tree Tenders and others.
- Work with committees to plan and implement program sustainability.
- Seek and manage grants and other project resources and support.
- Manage relationships with state and local funders.
- Field program-related telephone calls and e-mail inquiries.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with local organizations.
- Attend required evening meetings.
- Attend any mandatory trainings and meetings (local and statewide).
Project & Relationship Management
- Work with Executive Director to develop mutually-beneficial partnerships with private developers and other local non-profit institutions.
- Create and manage project budgets and timelines.
- Undertake, oversee, and complete all predevelopment work.
- Work with Business District Manager and Operations Manager to develop real-estate marketing plans.
- Coordinate neighborhood engagement activities for LC-related projects.
- Work with Executive Director and Real Estate committee to analyze the real estate market to identify development opportunities/potential sites for affordable rental housing development and secure related planning and predevelopment funding.
- Maintain neighborhood-wide property inventory of key “hinge” properties.
- Assist Operations Manager in management, care, and maintenance of LC’s mission-based spaces.
- Assist other staff members with day-to-day office administration.
- Maintain organizational records, files, and databases.
- Attend required committee and board meetings; assist with the taking of minutes, preparing of reports, and setting of agendas.
- Assist Executive Director and other staff with grant administration and management.
- Provide support to Executive Director, including other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of experience in real estate development, program management, urban planning, community organizing or related field.
- Alignment with organizational mission, vision, and values and passion for inclusive and equitable community development.
- Familiarity with Lawrenceville, the City of Pittsburgh, and regional community development issues and trends.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Positive and professional attitude; strong work ethic.
- Familiarity with residential and commercial real estate and/or development, community planning and zoning.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing. Professional writing experience preferred.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment concerning budget expenditures; funder, community and political relationships; partnership arrangements with local organizations.
- Demonstrated analytic, conceptual, planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small, non-profit environment.
- Must be willing and able to travel out of town occasionally for work-related meetings, trainings and conferences.
- Proficient software skills and proven experience using MS Operating System and Access.
- Experience with GIS and database management.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The position is full-time, exempt and reports to the Executive Director. Salary range: $40,500 – 49,500. LC offers a generous benefits package including tax-free contribution toward health insurance, retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off. LC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org