Lifesteps is a large non-profit organization headquartered approximately 20 miles north of Pittsburgh in Butler, Pennsylvania. Lifesteps has been serving Western Pennsylvania for more than 97 years by helping individuals and families with life’s changing needs. The Agency provides “Generations of Care” through programs and services to help those with special needs live to their fullest potential. If you have a strong desire to help others and serve the community, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Lifesteps and its subsidiaries are seeking an experienced Director of Development to join our team. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for a formal degree. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in development, fundraising, sales and/or grant writing. The Director must be driven, organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to manage multiple/concurrent projects. The Director must possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to obtain Act 33/34 and/or other clearances as required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing and preparation of grant proposals or funding requests including coordination, tracking and follow-up.
Coordinating and implementing Major Gift and Planned Giving efforts.
- Creating, implementing and executing development strategies and activities to secure financial support through Special Events, Fundraising, Solicitation, Direct Mail Campaigns, including directing staff in Agency Development and Fundraising efforts.
- Creating, directing and overseeing communications, including but not limited to: media relations, public speaking engagements, community expos, crisis media communication, press releases, feature articles, networking recaps, etc.
- Soliciting and arranging media coverage, including print, radio and television, to provide promotional opportunities for fundraising, events, programs and services.
- Monitoring external environment and internal information to develop and recommend development, partnerships, and communication strategies in coordination with the President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Developing relationships and secure business sponsorships / support for programs (i.e. Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Pre-K sponsorships).
- Developing and managing budgets for respective development functions.
Supervising the Community Relations Team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual who wants to be a part of an Organization that truly impacts and improves the lives of thousands of people in our community.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for full-time staff; paid vacation, sick and personal appointment/emergency time; and 12 paid holidays and more.
Minority candidates encouraged to apply.
Online: www.lifesteps.net; OR
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lifesteps is a drug free workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com