Life'sWork of Western PA
Website Life'sWork of Western PA
The mission of Life’sWork, a Pittsburgh area non-profit, is to increase the quality of life of youth and adults with physical and mental disabilities by helping them to become productively employed. In addition to our many employment placement related services, we employ directly 125 to 130 of our most challenged clients in our Business Services Division in our Pittsburgh office, an employment opportunity they could not generally find elsewhere. This division contracts with local corporations and agencies to provide labor intensive services such as mailings, packaging, product assembly, order fulfillment and commercial janitorial services.
Life’sWork Benefit Package:
Life’sWork offers medical benefits and pays 100% for employee only if they elect a high deductible plan. Beginning the second year of services, Life’sWork’s employees receive 20 days of Paid Time Off. In addition, we offer dental, vision, Aflac, and much more.
Responsible for providing In-Home crisis and non-crisis case management services to Agency consumers.
- Master’s Degree: mid $30’s
- Bachelor’s Degree: low $30’s
- Provide In Home services to consumer by PARTNERING with the referral agency, Children, Youth and Families, to identify and achieve both consumer and agency goals, by PROVIDING the consumer with referrals to community resources, mental health facilities, drug and alcohol treatment, and any other necessary referrals, as needed.
- Maintain compliance with CYF and NCA regulations by CREATING and UPDATING consumer files, submitting in –home services plan, weekly reports, contact summaries, and all other paperwork by ensuring all client information is implemented accurately into both the STAT and Key Information and Demographic System (KIDS), in a concise and timely manner.
- Participate in the In-Home Services On-Call Cycle by TAKING part in the assigned rotation, opening cases and assisting consumers in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Providing the agency with outcomes by CONDUCTING North Carolina Family Assessments with all assigned cases that are applicable.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, prefer a Master’s Degree
- 3–5 years of equivalent professional experience.
- Basic knowledge of a personal computer and Microsoft Word.
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, access to an automobile and current automobile insurance.
- Act 33/34, Criminal Background, and FBI Clearances are also required within 30 days upon hiring.
- Flexibility with regard to a work schedule to meet the availability of the clients.
- A willingness to transport clients is also required.
- Familiar with the human service field, the juvenile court system, child development, conflict resolution, and experience with individual and family counseling
- Must maintain consumer, program and agency information in a confidential manner and discuss such information privately with only appropriate personnel.
- Expected to treat all consumers with respect and professionalism.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Life’sWork of Western Pennsylvania provides equal employment and opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation age, national origin, veteran’s status and disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Life’sWork has developed a Safety Operating Procedure and Policy. All staff and clients are required to follow these rules diligently so that we can sustain a healthy and safe workplace for all in this unique environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org