Life'sWork of Western PA
Website Life'sWork of Western PA
Vocational Support Specialist (full time & part time available)
Do you have a passion for giving back?
Do you like making a difference?
Do you like making someone smile?
If you answered “yes” to all the above questions, we would love to have a conversation with you.
The Vocational Support Specialist is responsible for supporting and supervising individuals as they adjust to the workplace environment. They also act as a liaison with the employees regarding schedules and production requirements.
- Supervises 2-6 individuals at a community job site.
- Acts as the liaison to the business customer for daily production and operations. Recommends and implements changes that will improve efficiency or effectiveness of the job site.
- Assist employers with job re-design, accommodations, &/or accessibility and educate employers in methods of working with individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Provides rehabilitative services for improvement of vocational skills, social skills and behavioral modification, in preparation for competitive employment.
- Assures production goals are met.
- Maintain records and documentation requirements.
- Monitors clients and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- May transports client to and from the worksite on a daily basis.
- Complete 24 hours of training per year.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A secondary degree in psychology, social services, or a related field is preferred not required.
- A good working knowledge of industry and production is very helpful.
- Knowledge of and experience working with individuals with physical and mental disabilities is preferred not required.
- Skills and ability to work independently with clients.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license, a good driving record and current car insurance.
- Patch / PA Child Abuse / FBI Fingerprint Clearance are required within 30 days of employment and this is all paid by Life’sWork of Western PA.
Compensation: $13.50 to $17.00 per hour.
Life’sWork of Western PA is a non-profit organization empowering people to live the life they choose. We partner with people with disabilities, people with other barriers, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships.
We believe everyone deserves to share in opportunities of meaningful employment. Through employment for all, we envision creating a compassionate, inclusive and equitable community where all individuals have a chance to flourish. A career at Life’sWork means a chance to promote life altering change in an individual’s life.
- Health Coverage: (full-time only)
- Pays 100% of employee only coverage.
- Matches up to $700 towards your health savings account (H.S.A.)
- Other benefits; (100% paid by employee)
- Dental and vision
- Legal Shield / Identity Theft
- Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Beginning your second year, full-time employees will receive 20 days of PTO
- Beginning your second year, part-time employees may receive up to 10 days of PTO
- Holidays: (full-time & part-time)
- Offer 12 holidays per year
- Retirement Plan (403(b) Thrift Plan):
- Matches 100% up to 5% of employee’s contribution
- Mileage reimbursement:
- Follows the federal mileage rate.
Signing Bonus of $500.00 and after 6 months you receive another $500.00
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At Life’sWork of Western PA, we have a clear vision: to create a community where difference is valued. As an organization with a mission that is centered around lifting up some of the most vulnerable members of society, diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Here, everyone is welcome. We employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, language, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, handicap or disability, and other protected status’. As an employment organization that is continually evolving to provide the best possible services for our clients, we strive to be as diverse as the individuals that we serve. Life’sWork is fully focused on building and nurturing a workplace where inclusion is part of our everyday culture, not just an initiative; where all employees feel their individual gifts are celebrated and appreciated, and where they are encouraged to be who they are.
There is always more work to be done, and we believe that if the services that are provided by our organization are done through a diverse mix of talents, perspectives, and backgrounds, we can play a role in creating ongoing and lasting change.
Life’sWork has developed Safety Operating Procedures. All staff and clients are required to follow these rules diligently so that we can sustain a healthy and safe workplace for all in this unique environment.
COVID-19 Safety Operating Policy/Procedures
Life’sWork of Western PA is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employee, clients, and visitors. We adopted a COVID-19 Safety Operating Policy/Procedures that is working.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org