Life'sWork of Western PA
Website Life'sWork of Western PA
"Making Lives Work Better"
Life’sWork of Western PA is a non-profit organization empowering people to live the life they choose. We partner with people with disabilities, people with other barriers and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills and developing meaningful relationships. In addition to our many employment placement related services, we employ directly 125 to 130 of our most challenged clients in our Business Services Division in our Pittsburgh office, an employment opportunity they could not generally find elsewhere. This division contracts with local corporations and agencies to provide labor intensive services such as mailings, packaging, product assembly, order fulfillment and commercial janitorial services. There are two things that all of the people we serve have in common: 1) they want to work; meaningful employment is as important to these individuals as to all of us; and, 2) most importantly, our clients are very proud of their accomplishments, and so are we! We take pride in our effort’s day in and day out to achieve our goal of ‘making lives work better’ for the benefit of our clients and, ultimately for the benefit of our Western Pennsylvania community.
Life’sWork Benefit Package:
Life’sWork offers medical benefits and pays 100% for employee. Beginning the second year of services, Life’sWork’s employees receive 20 days of Paid Time Off and 12 holidays per year. In addition, we offer dental, vision, Aflac, and much more.
The Marketing and Development Assistant supports the implementation of marketing and communications initiatives and supports the ongoing development and annual fundraising campaigns of the agency. The position serves as the principal support staff for the Director, Marketing & Communications and Director, Corporate Development & Annual Fund.
Core Job Responsibilities
Marketing & Communications
- Provide primary writing support for all marketing communications, sales materials used to promote the services and programs of the agency;
- Support the maintenance of the agency’s website – ensuring the accuracy currency and relevancy of the platform;
- Support event marketing and serve as primary staff for events;
- Support media and public relations efforts including drafting press releases and coordinating media coverage of agency events and programs;
- Develop and maintain a detailed annual calendar of marketing, communications and development actions;
Corporate Development and Annual Fund
- Provide communications/writing support for grants/proposals and development/fundraising efforts;
- Support donor stewardship activities of the Director of Corporate Development (i.e., meetings, events, follow-up cultivation efforts, etc.);
- Research appropriate funding/grant opportunities;
- Maintain marketing and donor database;
- Update Social Media Platforms & Website blogs;
- Manage tracking of all proposals/grants/foundation activity in donor database;
- Support the development and implementation of a volunteer program;
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in communications, marketing, or development.
- A recent graduate or a person early in their marketing career eager to expand your knowledge of marketing and development.
- Working knowledge of social media – Demonstrated creativity and documented facility deploying social media
- Excellent in sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Excellent writing and language skills
- A team player with confidence to take the lead
- Proficient technical understanding and can pick up on new systems easily
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The position will have a primary reporting relationship to the Director, Corporate Development & Annual Fund.
Life’sWork of Western Pennsylvania provides equal employment and opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation age, national origin, veteran’s status and disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com