Life'sWork of Western PA
Website Life'sWork of Western PA
The mission of Life’sWork, a Pittsburgh area non-profit, is to increase the quality of life of youth and adults with physical and mental disabilities by helping them to become productively employed. In addition to our many employment placement related services, we employ directly 125 to 130 of our most challenged clients in our Business Services Division in our Pittsburgh office, an employment opportunity they could not generally find elsewhere. This division contracts with local corporations and agencies to provide labor intensive services such as mailings, packaging, product assembly, order fulfillment and commercial janitorial services.
LIFE’SWORK’S BENEFIT PACKAGE:
Life’sWork offers medical benefits and pays 100% for employee only. The company also contributes up to $700.00 to your health savings account. Beginning the second year of services, Life’sWork’s employees receive 20 days of Paid Time Off and 12 paid Holidays. In addition, we offer dental, vision, Aflac, and much more.
The Community Vocational Specialist is responsible for supervising and possibly transporting individuals selected for the job site and for tracking each individual’s productivity for payroll and billing purposes. The Community Vocational Specialist also acts as a liaison with the customer regarding schedules and production aspects of the enclave.
- Supervises 2-6 individuals at a community job site who perform duties as determined by the scope of work for the business.
- Acts as the liaison to the business customer for daily production and operations. Recommends and implements changes that will improve efficiency or effectiveness of the job site.
- Provides quality rehabilitative services via instruction of consumers for improvement of vocational skills, social skills and behavioral modification, in preparation for competitive employment.
- Meets production goals and demands of the business customer and performs quality control management throughout the production process.
- Monitors consumers, equipment, and machinery for safety. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Analyzes and matches consumer abilities with job components and performs job components as necessary, in the absence of consumers.
- Documents each consumer’s daily production for payroll and billing purposes.
- Depending on the job site, transports consumers to and from the worksite on a daily basis.
- Advises Program Specialist of any consumer issues of concern.
- Responsibility of assuring ongoing compliance of all waiver funded programing requirements.
- Knowledge of and implementation of all related aspects of the consumer’s Individual Support Plan (waiver funded only).
- Responsible for ensuring 24 hours of on-going training per year, including all mandatory training requirements.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A secondary degree in psychology, social services, or a related field is preferred.
- A good working knowledge of industry and production is helpful.
- Knowledge of and experience working with individuals with physical and mental disabilities is required.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to work independently with consumers are required.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as intervention and resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Must be attentive to detail.
- CPR and basic first aid certification is strongly desired, as there is no other support staff present.
- Must also possess a valid PA driver’s license, a good driving record and current automobile insurance.
Life’sWork of Western Pennsylvania provides equal employment and opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation age, national origin, veteran’s status and disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Life’sWork has developed a Safety Operating Procedure and Policy. All staff and clients are required to follow these rules diligently so that we can sustain a healthy and safe workplace for all in this unique environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org