Website Literacy Pittsburgh
The English Language Learning (ELL) Enrollment and Placement Coordinator is responsible for leading Literacy Pittsburgh’s ELL enrollment, and placement process for the downtown center. The position coordinates classroom-based services for students to create better lives through learning. The coordinator works with the ELL team to ensure that the enrollment, testing, and placement process is a high-quality experience for students.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Enrollment Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary: $37,000
- Coordinate student placement in ELL program classes
- Work with the English Language Learning Program team to plan and coordinate the student process from inquiry through goal achievement, including appropriate class placement and progress monitoring.
- Work with the enrollment team to field inquiries from potential students and ensure that students entering the program are welcomed, informed, and prepared to begin classes.
- Supervise volunteer classroom aides in the ELL program.
- Follow agency protocol and processes for effective service delivery.
- Collect, analyze and monitor key student performance metrics, including attendance, assessment scores, learning objectives, student feedback, outcomes for state and federal compliance, and overall program improvement.
- Develop and support community-based partnerships that advance Literacy Pittsburgh’s mission by reaching new students and tutors, connecting with related service providers, and enhancing our program offerings.
- As part of the ELL and Enrollment team, provide case management support and referrals for students to address barriers and transition needs as related to program participation.
- Participate with internal agency committees and teams, as well as relevant external partnerships.
- All other duties as assigned by Enrollment Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Experience in working with adult learners preferred
- Experience teaching, tutoring, or training preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, record keeping, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in workplace digital platforms including Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, and Zoom; experience with Salesforce or similar CRM or database preferred.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and communicate with foreign-born adults
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written
- Flexibility, adaptable to changing needs and schedules
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with, build rapport with, and motivate diverse groups of people to achieve their education and career goals
- A passion for education and educational programming
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with diverse populations
- A team player attitude
- A desire to continually learn and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Act 33/34 clearances
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; bend; use both hands and all digits to type and use a computer mouse; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Deadline: June 11, 2021
Please send resume and cover letter with the name of the position and where you heard about it to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Literacy Pittsburgh invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences can contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff, students, volunteers, and supporters.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org