Website Literacy Pittsburgh
Our people make Literacy Pittsburgh a welcoming and positive place to learn. We value a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees feel a sense of belonging. This commitment is reflected in the values that guide our day-to-day work. We believe that our students, our employees, and our organization thrive best when we embrace and welcome those with a variety of life experiences. We are committed to a hiring process that increases the diversity of our staff, and encourage people who represent the richness of our shared humanity to apply. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect a diversity of culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, past experience with poverty or homelessness, or prior contact with the juvenile, criminal justice, or child welfare systems.
Literacy Pittsburgh offers a flexible, collaborative environment with a commitment to best practices, innovation, and growth. We welcome creative and hard-working team players who share a passion for creating better lives through learning.
The Enrollment Coordinator is part of the team responsible for Literacy Pittsburgh’s intake, enrollment, and placement process. The enrollment team coordinates classroom-based services for students to create better lives through learning. Along with other members of the enrollment team, the enrollment coordinator ensures that the intake, enrollment, testing, and placement process is a high-quality experience for students.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director of Enrollment
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt; Some evening work required
Starting Salary: $36,000 – $38,000
- Coordinate student intake and enrollment in classes at the downtown center, lead the student enrollment process from inquiry through placement
- Work with the Program team to plan and coordinate the student process from inquiry through goal achievement, including appropriate class placement and progress monitoring
- Welcome callers to Literacy Pittsburgh and direct them to the right person or department as needed.
- Work with the enrollment team to field inquiries from potential students and ensure that students entering the program are welcomed, informed, and prepared to begin classes.
- Enter student information into Salesforce and eData.
- As part of the enrollment team, assess students for entry into programs and assist with post-testing.
- Communicate efficiently with the program team following all testing to ensure swift student enrollment into classes, tutoring options, or distance learning opportunities.
- Assist with or lead student orientation sessions.
- Provide referrals for students to address barriers and transition needs as related to program participation.
Program Improvement and Compliance
- Follow agency protocol and processes for effective data collection, entry, and service delivery
- Work with team to utilize Salesforce data and dashboard to monitor key performance metrics for program improvement
- Supervise volunteer classroom aides in the classroom-based program
- Support community-based partnerships that advance Literacy Pittsburgh’s mission by reaching new students and tutors, connecting with related service providers, and enhancing our program offerings.
- As a member of the enrollment team, coordinate with ISAC to provide case management support and referrals for students to address barriers and transition needs as related to program participation.
- Participate with internal agency committees and teams, as well as relevant external partnerships
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, education or related field preferred
- Experience in working with adult learners preferred
- Experience teaching, tutoring, or training preferred
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Act 33/34 clearances
- Covid 19 vaccination
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to organize and coordinate students
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and public speaking
- Flexibility, adaptable to changing needs and schedules
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with, build rapport with, and motivate diverse groups of people to achieve their education and career goals
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficiency in workplace digital platforms
- A passion for education and educational programming
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with diverse populations
- A team player attitude
- A desire to continually learn and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Work requires talking, listening, seeing
How to Apply:
Deadline: June 3, 2022
Please send resume and cover letter with the name of the position and where you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Literacy Pittsburgh invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences can contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff, students, volunteers, and supporters.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com