Website Literacy Pittsburgh
The Program Coordinator is responsible for leading Literacy Pittsburgh’s volunteer tutoring programs in a specific geography within the agency’s service area. The position coordinates services for tutors and students in designated neighborhood areas and develops local partnerships to create better lives through learning. The program coordinator ensures that the volunteer tutoring program in their area is a high-quality experience for students and volunteers alike by providing excellent volunteer and student support and student-focused intake, assessment, and matching.
Reports to: Director of Volunteer and Community Programs
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $36,000 – $38,000
Community Program Management
- Coordinate community-based volunteer services in designated neighborhoods and area locations.
- Develop and support community-based partnerships that advance Literacy Pittsburgh’s mission by reaching new students and tutors, connecting with related service providers, and enhancing our program offerings.
- Work with the Volunteer and Community Program team to plan and coordinate program services, monitor progress, and solve problems and ensure program compliance with applicable state, federal, and other grant requirements.
Program Improvement and Compliance
- Follow agency protocol and processes for effective service delivery.
- Oversee volunteer professional development and on-going training to ensure a high-quality volunteer experience that leads to strong student outcomes.
- Collect, analyze, and monitor key student and tutor performance, including attendance hours, student assessment scores, learning objectives, student and tutor feedback, and outcomes for state and federal compliance, student learning objectives, and overall program improvement.
- Provide case management support and referrals for students to address barriers and transition needs as related to program participation.
- Participate with internal agency committees and teams, as well as relevant external partnerships.
- Represent Literacy Pittsburgh in outreach efforts and as an expert in volunteer coordination and adult education in assigned geographic locations.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Volunteer and Community Services.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required – in education or related field preferred
- Experience in managing volunteers preferred
- Experience teaching, tutoring, or adult education preferred
- Ability to organize and coordinate volunteers and students
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Act 33/34 clearances
- COVID-19 vaccination
- This position requires use of personal vehicle for local travel.
Skills and Abilities
- Flexibility, adaptable to changing needs and schedules
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with, build rapport with, and motivate diverse groups of people to achieve their education and career goals
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficiency in workplace digital platforms
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and public speaking
- A passion for education and educational programming
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with diverse populations
- A team player attitude
- A desire to continually learn and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a non-standard environment
Occasional local travel and evening hours
- Includes community events, which involve standing moving, talking, listening, seeing. May also include prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to travel to community events as needed
How to Apply
Deadline: December 17, 2021
Please send resume and cover letter with the name of the position and where you heard about it to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Literacy Pittsburgh invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences can contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff, students, volunteers, and supporters.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org