Macedonia Family and Community Enrichment Center, Inc
Website Macedonia Family and Community Enrichment Center, Inc
The Controller for Macedonia Family and Community Enrichment Center is an exciting opportunity to join an organization committed to living out its mission by supporting families in the community. This is an ideal role for the candidate who would thrive as the primary position responsible for the financial reporting of our Agency’s financial statements.
The Controller will assist the CEO to evaluate financial organization performance with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. Reporting to the CEO, the Controller provides the day to day management for the overall accounting department to include areas such as payroll, grant report entry, and organizational and program budget assistance.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow by program.
- Manage the Accounting Department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software; ensure regular maintenance and backup of all systems.
- Implement process and software improvements and automation; collaborate with IT to identify, acquire, and implement software to provide critical financial and operational information and reporting.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance, and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy of financial and management reporting data for CEO and Board of Directors.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal, and local laws regarding the organization’s operations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA preferred
- Previous experience managing diverse revenue streams, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Five (5) plus years accounting or finance experience with a minimum three (3) years supervising staff
- Demonstrated leadership ability and management presence
- Ability to support the organization’s mission along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, and SEC reporting
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance related issues
- Experience with NetSuite or other nonprofit accounting software
- Background coordinating with IT staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting systems; systems implementation experience preferred
- Previous Electronic Health Records Systems and Microsoft Office experience
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills, along with detail-orientation
Macedonia FACE is a faith-based non-profit community outreach of Macedonia Church in the Hill District of Pittsburgh, PA. As an organization, Macedonia FACE is committed to living out its mission by supporting families in the community with a focus on racial equity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com