Macedonia Family and Community Enrichment Center, Inc
Website Macedonia Family and Community Enrichment Center, Inc
The Senior Accountant for Macedonia Family and Community Enrichment Center is an exciting opportunity to join an organization committed to living out its mission by supporting families in the community. This is an ideal role for the candidate who would thrive as a focal point for the financial reporting of our Agency’s financial statements. The ideal candidate has strong critical thinking skills and is independently motivated.
The Senior Accountant will assist the CEO of our non-profit organization to evaluate financial organization performance with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. Reporting to the CEO, this position provides the day to day management for the overall accounting department to include areas such as payroll, grant report entry, and organizational and program budget assistance.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow by program.
- Assist with the process and oversight of grant management.
- Manage the Accounting Department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software; ensure regular maintenance and backup of all systems.
- Implement process and software improvements and automation; collaborate with IT to identify, acquire, and implement software to provide critical financial and operational information and reporting.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance, and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy of financial and management reporting data for CEO and Board of Directors.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal, and local laws regarding the organization’s operations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA preferred
- Previous experience managing diverse revenue streams and grant processes, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Five (5) plus years accounting or finance experience with a minimum three (3) years supervising staff
- Demonstrated leadership ability and management presence
- Ability to support the organization’s mission along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, and SEC reporting
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance related issues
- Experience with NetSuite or other nonprofit accounting software
- Background coordinating with IT staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting systems; systems implementation experience preferred
- Previous Electronic Health Records Systems and Microsoft Office experience
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills, along with detail-orientation
Because Macedonia FACE serves medically vulnerable consumers COVID-19 vaccination is required. Proof of vaccination is required within 45 days of hire. The company will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com