Mainstay Life Services, a $20M Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organization, is recruiting for the position of “Program Coordinator of Prader Willi Services“. We provide life-long care and support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families across southwestern Pennsylvania.
Responsibilities for this position are:
Primary responsibilities of the program coordinator of Prader Willi services include supervision and support of designated program managers, an understanding of budgetary considerations and funding sources, participation in the hiring process and staff development, coordination of services with the county, state and other providers, and providing input to establish agency policies. The program coordinator must have the ability to follow the leadership model. Responsible for new hire program orientation and medication trainings. The program coordinator must be familiar with Prader Willi syndrome and able to provide training and input to managers on the most effective way to manage issues related to the syndrome while providing individualized services.
Program Management and Administration
- Leads and directs the electronic client records system to ensure proper and timely documentation, reporting, communication, training and attendance.
- Monitor budgets of each residential program, providing direction to program managers as needed.
- Monitor resident accounts to ensure that residents have appropriate account balances and are receiving/purchasing needed items.
- Monitor residential program for compliance with State and County regulations and licensing requirements.
- Monitor restrictive procedures in place related to Prader Willi syndrome.
Staff Supervision and Development
- Participate in the hiring process; provide input into training needs.
- Provide leadership and direction for assigned staff; give ongoing feedback and complete performance evaluations.
- Support supervisory staff in the supervision of Community Living Specialists and other staff that provide direct care.
- Encourage and promote a work environment that values the development and growth of others.
Coordinating Services for Individuals
- Coordinate the admission, utilization review, and discharge of all program residents.
- Assist, support and train supervisory staff in the development of ISP’s, resident services, progress reporting, restrictive procedures, dietary restrictions, etc.
- Review progress of individual residents.
- Serve as program liaison with families, OID, ODP, ISC’s, and other service providers.
- Coordinate needed consultant services for staff and residents.
Agency Management and Administration
- Participate in development of agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain certification as a Certified Investigator; conduct certified investigations, as assigned.
- Assist in the development of new programs; serve as liaison with the community and other agencies.
- Provide input and assist in the monitoring of the agency budget and program expenditures.
- Responsible for the completion of other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Prader Willi Services.
- Thirty-seven and one-half hours per week. Schedule encompasses varying days and hours including periodic observation of all shifts. On-call as needed.
- Minimum of two years supervisory/management experience and:
- Master’s degree plus at least one year experience working directly with individuals with IDD, preferably Prader Willi syndrome.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least two years work experience with individuals with IDD, preferably Prader Willi syndrome.
- Associate’s degree or 60 credit hours plus four years experience working directly with individuals with IDD, preferably Prader Willi syndrome.
- Must be a qualified program specialist according to the 6400 regulations.
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle.
Mainstay Life Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Mainstay Life Services is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test prior to beginning employment.
Employment with Mainstay Life Services is an “at will” relationship. “At will” means that employment is of no specific length. It also means that employees and Mainstay Life Services both retain the discretionary right to terminate employment at any time if either is dissatisfied for any reason.