The Placement Officer supports current students, recent graduates and alumni in their efforts to secure meaningful employment that utilizes the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired through Bidwell Training Center’s career training programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Develops and maintains relationships with employers from industries which align with the school’s majors.
- Understands the recruitment needs of relevant employers. Obtains job leads for current students, recent graduates and alumni.
- Communicates information to school administrative personnel about perceived changes in the employment marketplace.
- Works closely with students to identify interests, skills, needs, employment barriers, and available resources.
- Responds to all student questions or requests regarding placement support.
- As requested, assists students with identifying part-time employment opportunities outside of the school day.
- Utilizing the school’s career guide, ensures career readiness for all students – school wide.
- Coordinates standardized professional development curriculum within assigned departments.
- Conducts professional development classes for assigned student groups. Assist students with resume development and job interview preparedness.
- Coordinates mock employment interviews.
- Accompanies instructors on externship visits and attends program advisory board meetings.
- Performs reference and background checks on students as needed.
- Refers students and graduates to prospective employers for employment opportunities, and documents student referrals.
- Maintains accurate and confidential student records.
- Meets job placement performance benchmarks.
- Follows-up with students, graduates, and/or employers to obtain placement outcome information.
- Exhibits persistence in attempts to contact graduates for current employment information (via telephone, e-mail or other communication methods).
- Provides timely tracking of student graduate placements.
- Prepares monthly placement reports for the Executive Director, Senior Director of Operations, and assigned Program Directors.
- Obtains written verification of graduate employment following required school and accrediting procedures.
- Obtains testimonials from graduates after they have obtained employment to capture success stories that can be used for promotional purposes.
- Schedules monthly placement meetings with Program Directors.
- Attends monthly placement meetings with the Senior Director of Operations.
- Ensures timely career related information is posted to the bulletin board in the school’s dining room.
- Exhibits understanding and internalization of company values: influence, respect, listen, shape and embrace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2 years experience in job development, recruiting, workforce development, training, or related experience working in an educational or human services organization; knowledge of career counseling principles and practices; strong Microsoft Office skills and proficiency in using the Internet required.
Interested Persons are required to submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org