Manchester Bidwell Corporation
Website Manchester Bidwell Corporation
The Allied Health Employment Coordinator supports current students, recent graduates and alumni of the Medical Assistant, Medical Coder/Biller and Pharmacy Technician programs in their efforts to secure meaningful employment that utilizes the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired through Bidwell Training Center’s career training programs. This is accomplished by securing externship placements that lead to potential employment opportunities in clinical setting deemed appropriate as prescribed in the respective allied health programs, site development, and accurate and timely completion of training agreements and learning objectives. The incumbent markets Bidwell Training Center’s Allied Health programs to employers, develops job and externship learning opportunities, and refers or places students in positions. Additionally, the Allied Health Employment Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining employer relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Assists academic leadership in externship program evaluation, review, and revision when requested.
- Determines externship start dates.
- Ensures students are cleared for externship 30-days out, including all student health testing and background clearance results are collected and sent to externship site as necessary.
- Contacts sites for externship.
- Meets with students regarding externship placement.
- Conducts externship site prep sessions to assess student talents and placement needs, and to review externship guidelines.
- Assigns student externship site.
- Sends externship confirmation letter to site.
- Responds to student questions in a timely manner.
- Monitors externship performance. Mandatory contact required every two weeks with students while on site.
- Enters weekly Extern hours into STARS student information system.
- Reviews and confirms Extern evaluation grades assigned by site supervisor.
- Enters final Extern evaluation grades into Stars student information system.
- Meets with students to conduct externship exit interview.
- Troubleshoots externship issues/challenges/concerns.
- Develops relationships with employers to establish externship sites and employment opportunities.
- Responsible for pre-externship placement visits with clinical supervisors at externships and providing appropriate documentation supporting the visit.
- Responsible for securing externship sites that have positions available for hire.
- Participates in bi-weekly meetings with department leadership.
- Obtains extern-to-hire rate of 65% per program.
- Obtains employment verifications from externship sites that hires students upon completion of externship.
- Follows up with graduates not hired by their externship site to assist with and verify employment.
- Works closely with students to identify interests, skills, needs, employment barriers, and available resources. Responds to all student questions or requests regarding placement support.
- Meets job placement performance benchmarks.
- Communicates information to school administrative personnel about perceived changes in the employment marketplace.
- Utilizing the school’s career guide, ensures career readiness for all students.
- Conducts professional development classes for assigned student groups. Assists students with resume development and job interview preparedness.
- Coordinates mock employment interviews.
- Provides timely tracking of student graduate placements. Prepares monthly placement reports for the Executive Director and Senior Director of Operations.
- Monitors student attendance records regarding points of disciplinary action. Prepares verbal and written attendance warnings at 2.5% and 5% absence and notification of attendance probation at 7.5% absence. Meets with students to discuss warnings when director is not available.
- Participates in Advisory meetings.
- Coordinates required extern site visit schedules among self, instructors, site preceptors, and director. May be required to go to site visits.
- Maintains and updates affiliation agreements, associates with experiential training sites, prepares and coordinates all paperwork and clearances associated with experiential training. Meets with students to discuss site selection and requirements.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree minimum and 2-years relevant work experience or commensurate work experience in job development, recruiting, workforce development, training/education, or human services; knowledge of career counseling principles and practices; strong Microsoft Office skills and proficiency in using the Internet required. Interested Persons are required to submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com