Website MAYA Organization
No parent left behind.
MAYA is seeking a Master’s Level Counselor to provide individual and group therapy to pregnant and postpartum women, and women that are incarcerated or recently released from Allegheny County Jail. Spanish fluency a plus, but not required.
Salary: $22-24 / hour
Hours: 30-35 hours per week
This position is responsible for providing mental health evaluation and therapeutic intervention for clients receiving MAYA’s free services. MAYA’s work focuses on two programs: (1) Support for pregnant, birthing and postpartum people, and (2) Mental health counseling for incarcerated people, with a focus on mothers. Sixty-six percent of our perinatal clients are Black. Twenty-seven percent of our perinatal clients are Spanish monolingual. The ideal candidate would be able to provide culturally-congruent and/or culturally-competent care to these clients. In addition to individual and group counseling, there will be opportunities to develop materials and curricula and to provide consultation for MAYA perinatal mentors on topics of perinatal mental health. MAYA is intensifying its support of parents with babies in the NICU, parents with at-risk pregnancies, perinatal mood disorders, and those that have experienced pregnancy or infant loss or separation from their children. Works under the supervision of a Licensed Professional Counselor and the Executive Director.
Counseling sessions will be conducted remotely, via Zoom or Teams, or within the Allegheny County Jail, or in MAYA’s office, according to COVID-safety guidelines.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related field. Licensure or eligible for licensure as a Professional Counselor, Psychological Associate, or Social Worker.
- Must be able to demonstrate high level of skill in therapeutic engagement of diverse clients, hold fidelity to evidence based practices that match the presenting problem, and good diagnostic skills.
- Must be able to complete necessary client documentation in a timely manner.
Excellent communication, organization and time management skills necessary.
- Act 33/34 FBI clearances, PA Police, and Child Abuse clearances required, as well as ACJ Institutional Clearance.
- Valid PA driver’s license and auto insurance required.
- Abide by the employee code of ethics, policies, procedures and values set forth in MAYA Organization’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
Essential Job Duties:
Delivering Individual therapy sessions to pregnant, postpartum, and/or incarcerated people.
Writing and maintaining clinical notes using our secure electronic health records online system.
Developing treatment plans for client care, using evidence-based treatment approaches for best practice.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MAYA Organization strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org