Annual Salary Range: $32,000-$40,000
The primary role of this position is to implement MVI’s community engagement strategy across the membership and stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate a broad range of skills in areas that include: community engagement, one-on-one relationship building, public speaking, writing, event coordination, community building, and non-profit regulations and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local elected officials, stakeholders, community leaders and volunteers.
- Act as a conduit in delivering communication/information between various organizations.
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder community meetings and workshops.
- Plan and coordinate outreach activities in order to build an effective network that harnesses the involvement and passion of grassroots leaders.
- Assess the needs and concerns of the community and work with other team members to develop strategies to address these issues.
- Maintain high community visibility by attending community events and meetings.
- Plan and execute events of various sizes.
- Coordinate with the Real Estate team on public planning initiatives and other projects as appropriate.
- Utilize all types of media outlets including social media, to supplement awareness of the work that is underway to revitalize and improve the Mon Valley communities.
- In coordination with the MVI Communications Manager, write and graphically design newsletters, flyers, invitations and other communication materials as needed.
- Maintain the appropriate files and records of MVI membership and partner groups.
- Willingness to travel regularly and work evenings and weekends.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Real Estate Director.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills.
- Ability to form networks among people and organizations within the Mon Valley region.
- Ability to be flexible, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with a team of MVI staff and community stakeholders.
- Team oriented and self-directed.
- Understanding and appreciation of potentially conflicting ideas and ability to build consensus.
- Patient and supportive when working with others.
- Must provide own transportation.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and related experience.
- Experience with volunteer organizations and/or community based-organizations.
- Experience which indicates an ability and willingness to work on behalf of others.
The physical demands prescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position includes frequent standing, walking, verbal communications, including telephone contact, and travel between facilities.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to:
Mon Valley Initiative
Attn.: Community Outreach Specialist Position
305 East 8th Avenue
Homestead PA 15120
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please
Applications will be taken until the position is filled.
Mon Valley Initiative is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com