Working together to serve Allegheny, Washington and Westmoreland
Please note: Your application will not be considered unless you include a cover letter, resume and two writing samples.
Mon Valley Initiative is an award-winning, regional community development corporation that serves people in Allegheny, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
We are looking for a motivated, well-organized person to serve as an employment and financial coach at our Homestead, Pa., office.
As an employment and financial coach, you will help low- and moderate-income people achieve economic stability by:
- Helping them identify their career and financial goals,
- Connecting them with supportive services, including income supports,
- Helping them overcome obstacles, including legal barriers to employment,
- Assessing their strengths and developing job-searching strategies,
- Interacting with potential employers to identify possible career opportunities,
- Monitoring their progress and tracking their successes, and
- Keeping careful records and preparing appropriate reports.
A successful applicant will have:
- Experience in case management or project management,
- Experience with non-profit organizations and/or community-based organizations,
- Respect for racial, economic, gender and cultural diversity,
- A willingness to work with people who have disabilities, or who are re-entering the workforce from the criminal justice system,
- A willingness to work with people who may have struggled with drug and/or alcohol dependency,
- General knowledge of the Pittsburgh area,
- General knowledge of the challenges facing the unemployed or under-employed,
- Ability to motivate people under a coaching model,
- At least two years of experience in career coaching, workforce development or a related field,
- Excellent social skills and the willingness to meet new people,
- Excellent communication skills, including both written communications and public speaking,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Ability to adhere to local, county, state and federal regulations,
- Ability to keep and provide accurate records,
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office and email, and
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- A college degree in human services, social work or workforce development (relevant professional experience may be substituted at the discretion of the hiring manager)
- A background in banking or financial services is a plus
This position includes frequent standing, walking, verbal communications, including telephone contact, and travel between facilities. (The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation that does not present an undue hardship to MVI may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.)
MVI offers a competitive compensation package, including paid vacations and sick days, life insurance and a 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement plan. However, medical insurance is not offered through our organization.
To apply, you will need:
- A resume
- A cover letter
- Two recent writing samples
Send the completed information to:
T. Charles Howell IV
Director, Workforce Development & Financial Coaching
Mon Valley Initiative
305 East Eighth Ave.
Homestead, PA 15120
Or via email.
Please, no phone calls or Facebook messages.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Mon Valley Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com