Ms. JD’s Managing Editor, Writers in Residence Program is a part-time, volunteer, and unpaid role within the organization. The Managing Director will coordinate Ms. JD’s Writers in Residence program, which equips law students and attorneys with the platform and training to publish written work amplifying the voices, faces and concerns of women in the legal profession. The Managing Editor will oversee the writers for the eight-month program, convening all writers monthly for a digital content strategy meeting and a one-hour workshop with guest experts.
- Plan and manage all operations of Ms. JD’s Writers in Residence Program
- Collaborate with Writers in Residence to determine content and topics
- Determine content schedule and coordinate publications in Ms. JD online community/blog
- Coordinate monthly Writers in Residence program meetings (including booking guest speakers and planning meeting agenda)
- Plan and approve final drafts for publication
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines for writers
- Oversee proofreading procedures, peer-review process and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Availability on confirmed program dates (see program schedule)
The best fit for this part-time, volunteer position would be someone with the following experience and attributes:
- Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of online platforms like WordPress and SEO concepts
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- BS/BA in Journalism, Communications, or relevant field
About Ms. JD
Ms. JD is a non-profit, non-partisan 501(c)(3) that seeks to support and improve the experiences of women law students and lawyers. Obstacles to equal participation hinder not only women in the law but also their colleagues, clients, children, and communities. Ms. JD consequently strives to give voice to why it matters that women continue to overcome barriers to achieve gender parity in the profession. In doing so, Ms. JD spreads the word: Women’s Victories Are Everyone’s Victories!. For more information regarding Ms. JD, please visit www.ms-jd.org.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume via email to: Danielle Allison, CEO at email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Ms. JD is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org