Website National Aviary
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for providing support in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office. The primary responsibilities of the Human Resource Coordinator are in the following areas: recruiting, employee onboarding, human resource information systems, benefits, compensation, HR compliance, policies and procedures. The Human Resource Coordinator works closely with the Director of OD/HR to ensure that the National Aviary’s HR policies, processes, and practices are efficient and high performing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all National Aviary personnel; assists in the development and implementation of all personnel policies and procedures ensuring compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Responsible for overall benefits administration for staff, including but not limited to, new hire enrollment, communicating and administering benefits information, maintaining all benefit records, reviewing insurance invoices for accuracy, claims resolution, change reporting, and COBRA administration.
- Assists Director of OD/HR in maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to personnel matters. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining paperwork for unemployment claims, short-term disability, long-term disability, FMLA, and COBRA.
- Responsible for the administrative part of the recruitment process, including but not limited to, assisting the hiring manager in vetting candidates, managing Applicant Tracking System, managing job postings, and processing the background and reference checks.
- Responsible for managing the employee onboarding process, including but not limited to, new hire paperwork and compliance, setting up employee in ADP, benefits enrollments, coordination with managers and other staff, responding to employee’s questions and ensuring that all check in meetings are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Introductory Evaluations are completed, reviewed, and filed in a timely manner.
- Assists the Director of OD/HR and the Curator of Education and Public Programs in the National Aviary Orientation.
- Responsible for overall management/administration of all personnel systems. Responsible for ensuring all personnel records and systems are up-to-date at all times, including but not limited to, conflict of interest forms, background checks, job descriptions, USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and authorizations.
- Assists the Director of OD/HR in managing the National Aviary Performance Management process. This involves reviewing all of the evaluations and ensuring that they are completed in a thorough and timely manner.
- Assists the Director of OD/HR in the annual compensation analysis.
- Supports and assists the Volunteer Department in their recruiting efforts and reviews and maintains the volunteer clearances.
- Assists the Curator of Education and Public Programs and the Director of HR/OD in managing the National Aviary Intern program. This includes, but is not limited to, intern recruitment and onboarding.
- Participates as an active member on the National Aviary’s Safety Committee; prioritizes safety and security issues.
- Collaborates with the Director of HR/OD in managing the Incident Response Process. This includes updating the process, investigating incidents, and ensuring that all reports are completed accurately and timely.
- Responsible for filing and monitoring Workers’ Compensation claims and OSHA reports. Responsible for filing regulatory reports and for maintaining safety records.
- Acts as the ADA Coordinator for the National Aviary.
- Assists the Director of HR/OD in organizing staff functions, trainings and events, including but not limited to employee recognition, engagement, and wellness programs.
- Promotes positive attitude and influence to enhance productivity and a pleasant work environment, exhibits willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Responds to requests for HR related information from internal and external parties in a timely fashion.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of the HR departmental goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to improve efficiency of the department.
- Exhibits integrity and dependability through behaviors and actions; maintains confidentiality in all staff interactions.
- Continues to develop professionally, staying abreast of industry trends related to HR by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Serves as a Responsible Party; adheres to all National Aviary policies and protocols
- Interacts with visitors utilizing National Aviary Visitor Engagement protocol
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The HR Coordinator has no supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of human resource processes and procedures
- Knowledge of personnel practices and principles
- Proficient knowledge of various computer programs such as excel, word, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with payroll software such as ADP strongly preferred.
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks and demands
- Ability to maintain a calm and courteous demeanor under pressure
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- 1 years’ experience in overall human resources functions
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred.
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Satisfactory Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse History Certification
- Satisfactory FBI Criminal Record Check
- [if applicable] Valid Driver’s License and ability to pass Department of Motor Vehicles check
While performing the duties of this job, the employee constantly operates a computer and occasionally moves about the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
Work environments will include climate-controlled office spaces and public areas where the noise level may be loud. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK.
This is a full-time position.
Interested parties should send application, resume, and cover letter to HRJobs@aviary.org
To apply for this job email your details to HRJobs@aviary.org