Under the supervision of Executive Director and in coordination with the Division’s Development and Program Directors, The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Development Manager will fundraise, develop, and steward corporate and individual relationships in the western Pennsylvania and West Virginia (Alleghenies) markets as it pertains to the Pittsburgh Kidney Walk, NKF Konica Minolta Golf Classic, and Drive for Dialysis program.
He/She will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including supporting corporate partnerships, special events, and programs. A successful candidate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships, and work as a team player to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets as forecasted in the annual Plan of Work.
The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise planning, execution, budgeting, and evaluation of assigned events, including but not limited to the Pittsburgh Kidney Walk, NKF Konica Minolta Golf Classic and Drive for Dialysis program.
- Manage a fundraising portfolio of donors for Walk and Golf events.
- Identifies committee members, leads the effort to build stronger committees and identifies and builds volunteer and donor support networks.
- Supports the Development Director and Program Director as scheduled/assigned with other market events.
- Creates and executes fundraising strategies to grow additional revenue for NKF.
- Assists with sponsor solicitation for program activities.
- Serve as a member of the development team influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Recruits and trains volunteers for both fundraising and programmatic activities.
- Develop revenue projections and provide financial analysis.
- Oversee stewardship activities; ensure a high-touch response to partners & donors.
- Executes the Pittsburgh office social media accounts, creates media relationships as well as manages the creation, distribution and results analysis for e-blasts and quarterly e-newsletters.
- Work with high level volunteers to provide local leadership, resources, and support.
- Deliver high customer service to all constituents.
- Demonstrate integrity, collaboration and stewardship.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of non-profit, fundraising and/or sales experience preferably with a non-profit health agency.
- Experience with planning walks and golf outings. Galas and social events are a plus.
- Proven record of success in account management and developing corporate and individual partnerships that result in exceeding revenue targets.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
- Experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Experience generating social media content.
- Grant-writing experience a plus!
- Ability to lead and work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail is a must!
- Proficient in computer-based information and donor management systems. Salesforce and Convio experience a plus!
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be flexible for travel within assigned territory with reliable transportation.
WORKING CONDITIONS, EQUIPMENT USED AND SPECIAL INFORMATION
Must have unimpeachable integrity and trustworthiness and possess a high degree of tact, discretion and professionalism. Verbal and written communication skills will be used daily. Maintains effectiveness under pressure. Uses a multiple line telephone, personal computer, fax machine, photocopier and other standard office equipment. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Must have a valid driver’s license and own insured vehicle or daily access to a vehicle. Flexible for overnight business travel. Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: NKFrecruitment@kidney.org
To apply for this job email your details to NKFrecruitment@kidney.org