The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Development Manager, Social Events will fundraise, develop, and steward corporate and individual relationships in the Pittsburgh/Alleghenies market as it pertains to the annual Kidney Gift of Life Gala, Corporate MONOPOLY Tournament and other social events.
He/She will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including supporting corporate partnerships, special events, and individual giving. A successful candidate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships, and work as a team player to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets as forecasted in the annual Plan of Work.
The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise planning, execution, budgeting, and evaluation of assigned events, including but not limited to the Kidney Gift of Life Gala, Corporate MONOPOLY Tournament and other social events.
- Manage a fundraising portfolio of donors for both Gala and MONOPOLY Tournament events.
- Identifies committee members, leads the effort to build stronger committees and identifies and builds volunteer and donor support networks.
- Supports the Development Director as scheduled/assigned with other market events.
- Creating and executing fundraising strategies to grow additional revenue for NKF.
- Serve as a member of the development team influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Manage and supervise an internship program to augment fundraising and program activities.
- Secure in-kind donations to reduce costs and increase committee community involvement and engagement.
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with respective events.
- Develop revenue projections and provide financial analysis.
- Oversee stewardship activities; ensure a high-touch response to partners & donors.
- Work with high level volunteers to provide local leadership, resources, and support.
- Create strong media relationships and manage respective events creation and distribution of eblasts and social media posts.
- Deliver high customer service to all constituents.
- Demonstrate integrity, collaboration and stewardship.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of non-profit, fundraising and/or sales experience preferably with a non-profit health agency.
- Experience working high end social events. Walk and golf planning experience are a plus but not required.
- Proven record of success in account management and developing corporate and individual partnerships that result in exceeding revenue targets.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing volunteers. Internship program management a plus!
- Experience generating social media content and calendar.
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Ability to lead and work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail is a must!
- Proficient in computer-based information and donor management systems. Salesforce, Convio and/or Pardot experience a plus!
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be flexible for travel within assigned territory with reliable transportation.
WORKING CONDITIONS, EQUIPMENT USED AND SPECIAL INFORMATION
Must have unimpeachable integrity and trustworthiness and possess a high degree of tact, discretion and professionalism. Verbal and written communication skills will be used daily. Maintains effectiveness under pressure. Uses a multiple line telephone, personal computer, fax machine, photocopier and other standard office equipment. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Must have a valid driver’s license and own insured vehicle or daily access to a vehicle. Flexible for overnight business travel. Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: NKFrecruitment@kidney.org
To apply for this job email your details to NKFrecruitment@kidney.org