The part-time Transportation Coordinator works closely with the Director, Patient Services and Administration Director to directly oversee the Patient Renal Transportation program for dialysis patients living in the Alleghenies Region (western PA). This program is run in collaboration with the guidelines of the Pennsylvania Chronic Renal Disease Program (CRDP).
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to provide high customer service to all constituents. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for this position as well as exhibiting a high attention to detail. This position entails a heavy focus on data entry and adhering to strict deadlines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring the NKF policies and procedures for the Patient Renal Transportation Program are followed.
- Maintains communication with staff at the Commonwealth of PA Department of Public Health, social workers at the dialysis units in NKF territory and the cardholders on the program.
- Ensures all parties (NKF Staff, NKF interns, NKF volunteers, Commonwealth staff, social workers, and patients) receive necessary documentation regarding the transportation program.
- Develops working relationships with all parties mentioned to ensure program runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Review and approve transportation applications for the CRDP Program (Chronic Renal Disease Program) and forward applications to the Commonwealth.
- Documents and updates patient’s status as changes are received.
- Review and accurately processes monthly invoices/backup in CoreWeb and NKF database.
- Documents accuracy of paperwork by dialysis clinic/social workers.
- Assists with entering checks into the NKF database.
- Assists with the processing of all patient reimbursement checks.
- Generate reports in Excel and other software programs as needed.
- Maintain all paper and electronic records. HIPAA Compliance.
- Performs additional tasks as required.
- College Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum two-year data entry experience required. Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple time sensitive tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective organizational skills, time management, responsibility and motivation.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office, Word and database software.
- Ability to lead and work independently and as a member of a team.
WORKING CONDITIONS, EQUIPMENT USED AND SPECIAL INFORMATION
This is currently a hybrid position with the potential over the next few months to go fully remote. Also, the position is currently 25 hours a week. However, there is an opportunity for this position to transition to 30 hours a week.
Information on the PA State Chronic Renal Disease Program can be found here: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/programs/Chronic-Renal-Disease/Pages/Chronic%20Renal%20Disease.aspx
Questions regarding the position may be sent to Maggie.Pratt@kidney.org
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.