Neighborhood Learning Alliance
Website Neighborhood Learning Alliance
Academic Opportunities for All
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience
Position Summary: In coordination with the Executive Director, the Assistant Director plays a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organization across multiple programs, sites, and works collaboratively with the Executive Director to direct the long-range strategic direction and fund raising of the organization.
- Facilitate and guide program case managers and coordinators in effective leadership of programs
- Work with the Executive Director to develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Work with Executive Director to maintain positive working relationship with funders.
- Work with Executive Director to assess and pursue funding opportunities.
- Work with Executive Director to develop funding proposals
- Assist the Executive Director with grant activities, including pre-awards assessments, awards, implementation, sub recipient monitoring and evaluation, and final disposition and close-outs.
- Assist the Executive Director with all grant reporting activities.
- Alongside the Executive Director, serve as a spokesperson for the organization
- Work with Executive Director to develop and monitor annual program budgets.
- Represent organization on relevant committees, speaking engagements, conference panels and trainings.
- Present programmatic elements in a compelling manner to prospective funders and other supporters
- Work with Office Manager to ensure all data in the CitySpan and KIDS data collection systems is up to date and accurate
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
- Assist the Executive Director with conceptualization and development of programs and proposals.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Create and support a high performing culture in the programs.
- Foster a team-oriented, supportive, accountable work environment for program staff
- Ensure effective roll out, implementation, and evaluation of programs and initiatives
- Ensure the programs meet qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes
- Determine staffing plans to achieve program goals and objectives and participate in hiring decisions for new program staff.
- Directly supervise program coordinators and support staff
- Identify and create leadership and professional development opportunities for staff.
- Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Deepen existing and create new performance and outcome measures for outreach and recruitment, completion rates, retention, college, training, enrollment, completion, and other measures that are core to the organization’s mission.
- Analyze and assess programs based on data collected and implement corrective measures if required.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in public administration, non-profit management, education, social work or related field preferred
- Experience writing grants and securing funding
- A minimum of three years of leadership experience in a non-profit, school or philanthropy, overseeing multiple programs or contracts, ideally at an organization serving low-income youth or communities
- At least three years of experience working directly with youth and/or community development or grassroots organizations
- Demonstrated cultural competence with communities of color
- Ability to secure all required clearances
- Ability to efficiently travel to program sites, required meetings, and other job related activities
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org