New Hazlett Theater
Website New Hazlett Theater
Passionate about arts in your community? We’re looking for someone like you. Our Marketing Manager will create and execute marketing plans to meet the theater’s strategic goals, and create and manage the marketing budget. They’ll handle all in-house writing including brochures, ads, emails and individual solicitation efforts. And they will coordinate with vendors for graphic design, distribution and mailing, oversee the NHT website, supervise all social media activity and analyze and evaluate metrics.
New Hazlett employees must embrace the theater’s mission and its goal to respect and present diverse artists and ideas. We are committed to eliminating bias with regard to race, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, ability, heritage, culture, religion and tradition, both on stage and off. Our staff must work to further this commitment, and will help interrupt behaviors that impede our DEAI efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop programmatic and institutional marketing plans to meet strategic and business goals
- Create marketing, public relations, email and social media tactics and timelines
- Create, implement, and manage the marketing budget
- Participate in branding/identity efforts with Executive Director, Board and staff
- Create neighborhood outreach strategies to benefit NHT, Northside residents and businesses
- Maintain, query and use data from marketing activity to measure performance and optimize strategic plan
- Work with members of the board of directors and on special committees of the board
- Write, edit, proofread and supervise the design of all marketing efforts
- Supervise social media calendar, content creation, engagement and management
- Produce and edit photo- and video-based promotional materials
- Serve as liaison to graphic designer and web developer; update and maintain web site content; manage web site updates
- Source vendors; coordinate media buys and printing/distribution of marketing materials
- Partner with artists to gather information and promote events, finding ways for their voices to be represented throughout marketing, publicity, and community engagement campaigns.
- Mentor small arts groups in appropriate marketing strategies as needed.
- Build awareness of NHT and our events by developing/maintaining relationships with local media and influencers, writing and distributing press materials, pitching editorial opportunities, maintaining online listings, and soliciting media sponsorships
- Coordinate with Development Manager on design and messaging for fundraising activities including special events, annual appeals, and online campaigns
- Collaborate with Development Manager to create and solicit marketing sponsorships, oversee implementation, and sustain sponsor relationships
- Guarantee a high quality patron experience by ensuring accurate and efficient operation of all box office functions
- Supervise the Digital Marketing/Box Office Specialist
Note: Our job descriptions are general overviews. If you feel passionate about the arts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you.
- Five years’ marketing experience
- Demonstration of successful development/execution of marketing strategy and budget management
- Ability to analyze and present data from marketing campaigns across all platforms
- Experience with CRM software is required
- Some supervisory experience is required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills; exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and reprioritize
- Ability to quickly identify and provide recommendations on issues
- Highly motivated and calm under pressure
- Must be willing and able to make decisions on behalf of the Theater with confidence
- Aptitude to easily learn new software applications
- Familiarity with Mail Chimp/Constant Contact, Word Press helpful
- Experience with box office or ticketing software a plus
- Design skills and proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, some HTML and CSS a plus
Travel Requirements: Access to reliable transportation necessary for local travel, as needed
Physical, mental demands and working conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- An employee in this position works in an office environment. Office equipment will be operated as part of this job.
- The position frequently requires the employee to communicate well with others both inside and outside the theater (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email).
- The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g. computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and coordinate with multiple individuals to complete essential tasks.
- An employee in this position is required to move throughout the workplace, write and/or type and communicate effectively.
Working Hours: Flexible schedule; requires one evening or weekend shift each week. Attendance at meetings and special events, including evenings and weekends, is expected on occasion.
Number of Direct Reports: 1 full-time direct report
Compensation: Compensation for this full-time, exempt position is $45,000-$50,000 plus a comprehensive benefit plan offering health, dental and vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid time off.
The New Hazlett Theater is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Employment is contingent upon your successful completion of a professional, educational and criminal background check. At the time of employment, you must also present documentation indicating that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter and three writing samples as well as prior marketing assets and campaign results to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org