We provide a nurturing, collaborative environment for artists.
Passionate about arts in your community? Looking to make a change – and a difference? Then, we’re looking for someone like you. Our Shared Marketing & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for supporting the New Hazlett Theater and the Society to Preserve the Millvale Murals of Maxo Vanka (SPMMMV) by organizing marketing and communication efforts, coordinating with artists and clients, administering CRM programs and maintaining databases, websites, ticketing platforms and social media accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use design software to create print materials (posters, flyers, signs, sponsor materials, etc.) from templates
- Maintain and update web sites (WordPress) and ticket-selling platforms
- Maintain CRM (Constituent Relationship Manager) databases
- Maintain, query and use data from web, social and email activities to measure performance and optimize strategic plan
- Write copy for all marketing efforts and individual solicitation efforts; create and send email blasts
- Coordinate social media content creation, engagement and management
- Participate in branding/identity efforts with the Directors, Boards, staff and consultants
- Source vendors; coordinate printing/distribution of marketing and fundraising materials within a specified budget
- Work closely with tenant companies to gather information, promote events, and sell tickets; mentor small arts groups in appropriate marketing strategies when necessary
- Support donor/patron development through effective customer service onsite, and via phone or online communications
- Assist with fundraising and community outreach/educational activities including in-person special events and performances, virtual programming, annual appeals, and online campaigns
- Support SPMMMV’s mural tours program: tour logistics and operations, schedule tours and volunteers, respond to public inquiries
NOTE: Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about the arts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organizations, we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years of marketing and/or non-profit experience
- Paid or volunteer fundraising and/or special event management experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress, some HTML and CSS; aptitude to easily learn new software applications
- Database experience desired; knowledge of PatronManager, Salsa CRM and/or Salsa Engage a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other writing/editing platforms including social media for business.
- Strong verbal communications skills; ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders in a variety of settings
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently, manage priorities, meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and customer service skills
- Ability to quickly identify, offer recommendations and/or problem solve an issue
- Must be willing and able to make decisions on behalf of the organizations with confidence
- Familiarity with MailChimp or Constant Contact and online ticket sales platforms a plus
Other Requirements: The ability and technology necessary to telework when required; access to reliable transportation for onsite work.
Physical, Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The New Hazlett will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- An employee in this position works in an office environment. Office equipment will be operated as part of this job.
- The position frequently requires the employee to communicate well with others both inside and outside the theater (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email).
- The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g. computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and coordinate with multiple individuals to complete essential tasks.
- An employee in this position is required to move throughout the workplace, sit, possess gross motor skills, use hands to write and/or type, reach with hands and arms, communicate effectively, and see, talk and hear.
Working Hours: Flexible schedule; attendance at meetings and special events, including evenings and weekends, is expected on occasion.
Number of Direct Reports: Not Applicable
Compensation: Compensation is hourly, with a range from $33,280 to $37,440 per year dependent upon experience. Additional benefits include a comprehensive benefit plan offering health, dental and vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance and paid time off.
The New Hazlett Theater is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or lack thereof, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, political affiliation or veteran status.
Employment is contingent upon your successful completion of a professional, educational and criminal background check. At the time of employment, you must also present documentation indicating that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter and at least one professional (preferably persuasive or appeal-related) writing sample to Kimberlee Love via email at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through August 24, 2020. No phone calls please. No relocation expenses provided.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org