New Voices for Reproductive Justice
Website New Voices for Reproductive Justice
New Voices for Reproductive Justice (NVRJ) is a social change organization dedicated to the health and well-being of Black women, femmes, girls and folx. New Voices was founded in March 2004 and currently operates across Pennsylvania and Ohio with offices in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Philadelphia. New Voices is a groundbreaking organization that develops leaders and activists, organizes local communities on key Reproductive Justice issues, advocates for policy at the state and federal level and influences culture change. The New Voices vision is to expand the Reproductive Justice movement which is rooted in the fundamental Human Right of us all to control our bodies across the Rust Belt and Mid-Atlantic regions. Our long-term social impact goal is that Black women, femmes, girls and folx live long, healthy and joyful lives.
The Finance Manager has day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all aspects of the organization’s finance-related activities. The Finance Manager coordinates with the President & CEO and other members of the leadership team on forecasting and securing new funding for programs and operations. The Finance Manager monitors and administers complex multidisciplinary grant and contract proposals and subsequent awards.
- Coordinates with the President & CEO to provide technical assistance on budget planning and provides strategic advice regarding the financial implications of programs and operations.
- Coordinates with the President & CEO to provide recommendations to enhance financial performance.
- Evaluates short and long-term strategic financial objectives in coordination with the President & CEO and leadership team on an ongoing basis.
- Oversees and manages the processing of invoices, remittance of payments, cash deposits, and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Implements and maintains systems and controls to protect the assets of the organization.
- Coordinates with the Human Resources Manager to review employee insurance and benefits plans annually to determine the cost implications for the organization.
- Reviews pre-award grant applications for compliance with policies; analyzes and negotiates terms and conditions of pre-award among multiple departments.
- Develops standards for contracts, including preparation of the budget, payment terms, general language, and provisions.
- Ensures that contracts and proposals are correctly entered into the New Voices databases and securely maintained.
- Coordinates with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a senior financial management role, partnering with the leadership team to plan, implement, and manage budgets; track financial activities, and compile complex financial reports for foundation and government agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- Three – five (3-5) years’ experience in nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, contract compliance, and reporting.
- Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances and valid PA driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
New Voices for Reproductive Justice is an equal opportunity employer. Transgender people, gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Commensurate with experience, plus benefits package
Please forward a cover letter and resume as one document to:
Include title of position you are applying for in the subject line.
POSTING CLOSES AT 5:00 PM ON Monday, November 30, 2020
To apply for this job please visit newvoices.recruiterbox.com.