No Dog Left Behind
Website No Dog Left Behind
Saving the lives of animals while enriching the lives of people
No Dog Left Behind (aka Pittsburgh Aviation Animal Rescue Team)
Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors and founders, the person in this position is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, directing, fundraising and management of NDLB – committed to the mission of “saving the lives of animals in danger while enriching the lives of people”.
Who We Are:
No Dog Left Behind is 501(c)(3) committed to the safe transportation of at risk animals. Operating out of the Allegheny County Airport, NDLB was established in 2012 and has successfully rescued 13,000 animals from danger. Operating a small fleet of airplanes and transport trucks our team deploys to natural disasters, overcrowded shelters, and animal welfare cases to safely transport animals free of charge to give them a second chance. Since our inception we have performed hundreds of rescue missions all over the east coast and as far as the Caribbean. The organization is growing along with the changing landscape of where the needs are within the rescue community. Our goal is to deploy further, faster, and with greater capacity to meet those needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement strategic plans that meet business goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors and Founders to fulfill the organizations mission
- Responsible for planning, organization and direction of the organization’s operations and programs
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits donations/grants from foundations, corporations, community organizations and individuals, for major and planned gifts
- Develops and implements consistent accounting policies, procedures and operational reporting/metrics; responsible for fiscal management of the organization
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s results to the board of directors
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances and performance trends
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of site staff and volunteers, to ensure appropriate support of all departments
- Create a culture of transparency and communication throughout the organization
- Proactively address challenges in the internal and external environment to protect business interests
- Ensure compliance with the local FSDO (Flight Standards District Office) in the creation and ongoing operation of a PART 135 air charter operation. This duty will be split with the Staff Pilot and Founders. Prior knowledge of FAA rules and regulations is not a requirement but applicants must be prepared to learn.
- Coordinate with and oversee the Operations Manager in the fulfilling the core mission of the organization, the safe transportation of at risk animals from Danger to Safety
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree plus the successful completion of various professional development courses or Masters degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of senior level nonprofit organization experience
- Proven track record of successful resource development, fundraising and philanthropy experience.
- A solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial management; strong understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics
- Extensive experience in leading the process of ongoing strategic planning
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial spirit with creative problem skills
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication; experience in public speaking
- Strong marketing and PR skills. A firm understanding of Social Media and how that intersects with fundraising
- Experience with Google Apps and other forms of modern office technology
- Ability to work within a team environment
This position will include salary plus benefits. Compensation will be matched to the qualifications of the ideal candidate. In short, if you are the right person we are prepared to match and meet any offer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org