North Hills Affordable Housing
Website North Hills Affordable Housing
A safe place matters
POSITION TITLE: Finance Director
SUPERVISOR: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for the company’s accounting functions, formulation and delivery of the business plan and provision of high level strategic and financial support as a member of the leadership team and primary liaison to the finance committee and Benet Woods Board. Oversees information technology, office services, facilities and grounds, special events manager, and purchasing.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as a strategic member of the leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance and alignment to long term strategic and business goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing work efficiency.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives and budgets that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Prepares and interprets accounting reports to management and board.
- Advises the CEO and the organization’s board of directors on financial issues.
- Manages accounting systems for HEARTH & Benet Woods
- Manages Payroll reporting, 403B, and Insurances
- Completes all IRS Census
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Financial Analysis, Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation and submission of final monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accord with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and Governmental Accounting Standards.
- Oversees the monthly close process, monthly, quarterly and annual billings to clients for services provided, billing reimbursements from clients, collection of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, monthly reporting for the owner, monthly preparation of a reforecast, assist in annual tax return preparation and all treasury administration.
- Identifies, develops, and implements standardized accounting policies, procedures, and ordinances within Hearth’s Financial Policies and Procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Governmental Accounting Standards. Ensures all staff are trained on policies and procedures.
- Creates analytics and effective operational measurements to monitor performance across the business.
- Review and analyze monthly results and provide recommendations
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Serve as key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits as required due to materiality considerations.
- Ensure regular maintenance and back up of all accounting systems
- Review and ensure application of application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Work with CEO on HR efforts to ensure appropriate legal compliance
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP, approve large payables, and prepare checks.
- Manage Accounts Receivable and manage collection process
- Prepare rolling cash forecasts
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Five years progressive work experience controlling centralized accounting activities for multiple fund programs and/or accounts; experience in auditing, computerized fund accounting, indirect cost negotiations, and federal program accounting.
- Three years in a supervisory level position.
- Effective interpersonal skills and presence, including articulate oral and written language skills.
- Proven success in special event planning and management.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above so that the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently
Preferred Education and Experience
- MBA in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Financial Acumen
- Professional Ethics & values
- Strategy, Planning and Performance
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
Supervises direct report employees.
Typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. May encounter frequent interruptions throughout the workday. Attends events on behalf of the organization. May require remote work when necessary. Local travel will be required. Evening and weekend work may be required.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 lbs.
To apply, please submit the following to HRiley@hearthpgh.org
- Cover letter
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com