The NHCO Young Community Leaders Board is a group of young community members who are dedicated to helping NHCO further its mission of addressing the needs of people in crisis, hardship and poverty.
The YCLB is a new initiative from NHCO to more deeply engage with young adults (ages 21-40) interested in playing an active role in providing services to the communities in Northern Allegheny County. The Board will consist of young professionals from a diverse range of industries and backgrounds that will work to increase awareness of the work of NHCO and expand its advocacy efforts. YCLB members will have the opportunity to connect with other young professional’s interest in community service and career networking. This is also an opportunity for members to build their resumes, grow their network, and learn about Nonprofit Board Governance.
Working closely with NHCO’s ED and Development Team, the objectives of the YCLB are to:
- Organize one event a year targeted at young professionals in Allegheny County area to educate and engage them about NHCO’s work.
- Advocate for NHCO and engage with individuals, businesses, government agencies and other non-profit organizations.
- Allow young professionals to network and work closely with the Board of Directors to receive guidance provided that will help them excel as future leaders in the community and aide in their professional development.
- The YCLB will be led by a Chair and be managed by NHCO’s ED and members of the Development and Communications Team.
- The Board will consist of approximately 10 members who will serve a 3 year term.
- YCLB meetings will be held quarterly. One YCLB member will attend NHCO’s Board of Directors Meeting as scheduled.
- Members are expected to remain in good standing by attending 3 out of 4 meetings a year.
- Members are expected to “Give or Get” $100 annually to contribute towards NHCO. This could be in the form of a corporate match, NHCO event ticket purchase, volunteer hours, silent auction donation, or in-kind donation to one of our Sharing Projects.
Board Member Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an ambassador of NHCO.
- Provide NHCO with constructive feedback through forum participation.
- Participate in and promote NHCO events.
- Work with staff and Board of Directors to highlight personal and professional relationships with prospective members to increase their engagement with the organization.
- Provide the name of at least one potential YCLB member per term.
- Collectively organize and plan one event a year to benefit NHCO.
- Assist in recruitment of new volunteers and volunteer groups to meet the needs of the organization.
Interested in joining the Young Community Leaders Board? Please contact Erica Cochran, NHCO’s Director of Development at 412-487-6316 x 3112 or email@example.com, Executive Director Tom Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org , or Garden & Youth Coordinator Alyssa Crawford at email@example.com by May 1, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org