People helping people through life's many challenges
Reports to: Program and Outreach Manager
Responsible for: Daily provision of services and programs in the North Hills Community Outreach (NHCO) North Boroughs service area
- Screening callers and walk-ins for their appropriateness/eligibility for NHCO services
- Referring persons to other community resources/organizations, and follow-up to assure that persons in hardship and crisis receive needed services for which they are eligible and advocating on behalf of clients
- Helping individuals develop plans to 1) alleviate their immediate/crisis concerns and 2) attain long-term economic self-sufficiency
- Working with families to maintain stability using a 2Gen approach and tracking progress
- Regularly contacting and following-up with persons in need to ensure progress toward self-sufficiency
- Serving as member of the Salvation Army field unit
- Assisting clients with LIHEAP, Dollar Energy, Columbia Gas CAP and Department of Public Assistance applications
- Working rotating shift at North Boroughs Food Pantry
- Maintaining accurate progress notes and data entry
- Disaster relief
- Other duties as assigned
Hours: Full time, non-exempt, 40 hours per week, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday (office hours), Evenings and weekends as needed to perform assigned duties
Salary Range: $17.00-$19.00/hr; non-exempt
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a helping profession preferred
Experience: Two years of related social service experience required.
Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications and accuracy with data entry required.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks with deadlines with ease and professionalism
- English speaking with ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate information
- Eye-hand coordination and ability to operate computer keyboard, printer, copier and other office equipment
- Prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 40 pounds
Interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume to: Angela Collins email@example.com
Position will remain open until the right candidate is identified.
This opening was posted on May 11, 2022.
North Hills Community Outreach is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org