Northern Area Multi Service Center
Website Northern Area Multi Service Center
Helping seniors maintain independence and quality of life.
ORGANIZATION: Northern Area Multi Service Center
POSITION: Senior Center Coordinator
STATUS: Part-time; 25 hours / week
HOURS: Monday through Friday; daylight hours; flexibility required to meet the needs of the Department
LOCATION: Allison Park, PA
Northern Area Multi Service Center (NAMS) provides a range of community service programs throughout the Pittsburgh region in partnership with other area organizations, including state and local government. NAMS staff support senior citizens to build and maintain their independence and an improved quality of life.
The Senior Center Coordinator oversees the designated Senior Center site to ensure program responsibilities are being met while coordinating daily operations, activities, congregant meal service and volunteer program. Under the supervision of the Director of Home and Community Based Programs, the Senior Center Coordinator’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage daily operations of the senior center including, but not limited to, activities, congregant meal service and volunteers.
- Recruit and maintain a comprehensive volunteer program in the senior center, including ensuring that all necessary background check and training requirements are met and maintained in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Recruit new and maintain senior center participation.
- Research, plan and implement daily, weekly and monthly senior center activities in adherence to meeting the quarterly tier requirements.
- Create and publish the monthly activity calendar.
- Place the daily congregant meal order on time.
- Schedule transportation for weekly/monthly senior trips.
- Make weekly bank deposits for program and activity income.
- Enter consumer data into the Copilot and Wellsky (SAMS) system on a daily basis.
- Maintain inventory and order program supplies for the senior center.
- Maintains relevant reports and accurate documentation related to participants, volunteers, donations, collections and related programmatic reports in an organized and timely fashion.
- Maintain data and back-up documentation for necessary reports as required by Allegheny County Area Agency on Aging.
- Attend meetings as required by the Director of Home and Community Based Programs.
- Collaborate with representatives of local organizations, committees and other providers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school education.
- At a minimum, intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- The ability to secure criminal and abuse clearances.
- Experience managing staff or volunteers.
- Proven aptitude and experience utilizing software to manage operations.
- Preferred: two years’ experience in coordinating senior citizen programs.
- Preferred knowledge of Area Agency on Aging, Copilot, Wellsky (SAMS) databases, and food safety.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Senior Center Coordinator Position in subject line. No phone calls, please. Deadline to apply is August 21, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com