Northern Arizona University
Website Northern Arizona University
Location: College of Health & Human Svcs
Job ID: 605999
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
NAU’s commitment to the new NAU Workplace includes a Hybrid-First approach where the baseline for our hybrid-first work environment will be the option for three days of on-site work and two days of remote work for most employees, with the option of additional flexibility as determined by Department leadership. For more information, please visit the https://nau.edu/president/presidential-statements/.
This is a full-time, 12-month, benefit eligible position. This person will generally be responsible for supporting research programs in the College of Health and Human Services. This position will primarily be responsible for significant budget and other support for grant proposal development and submission for proposals (pre-award). In addition, this position will provide specialized guidance and support for some post-award tasks such as generating and submitting periodic reports to agencies, and serving as a resource for departmental and college staff on compliance and other grant-related issues. This position will work collaboratively with CHHS administrative staff to ensure financial and human resources matters are handled appropriately. May work occasional evenings/weekends if needed for deadlines.
Pre-Award: Grant Proposal Development and Submission – 45%
- Coordinate and support development and writing of grant proposals in all departments of the college.
- Assist with submission of online applications.
- Work with CHHS faculty to develop grant proposal budgets and ensure that project budgets are in line with project needs and are within NAU and funding agency guidelines.
- Thoroughly research sponsor guidelines for each proposal submission. Assist with identifying and gathering other needed documents (e.g., letters of support, biosketches, sub recipient documents), and assist in formatting proposals to meet agency requirements and guidelines.
- Act as a resource for all CHHS personnel, with advanced knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures related to sponsored project submission.
- Act as liaison with Pre-Award Sponsored Projects team and contracting staff in the NAU Office of Sponsored Projects to ensure all documents are completed and submitted on time.
- Process and submit all forms needed in the Cayuse system (or other system as dictated by funding agency).
- Assist with developing subcontract budgets and other required documents when needed.
- Researches and identifies governmental and institutional funding sources, programs, and opportunities, and informs CHHS faculty of pertinent funding opportunities.
Post-Award: Research Project Budget Monitoring and Reporting – 45%
- Act as a resource for CHHS staff and faculty (PI) to support monitoring of spending on grants, and to ensure that expenses are being made in accordance with NAU and funding agency regulations and policies.
- Support departmental and college administrative staff to ensure that all personnel FTE’s are correct and that personnel are removed from grant funds at the time of close out, or when scheduled by the needs of the grant.
- Work with CHHS administrative staff to ensure that faculty salaries are handled appropriately, especially when more than one funding source is involved.
- Support PIs with annual, final, or other reporting through eRA Commons (RPPR) or other systems; assist PIs with gathering required information in the specified format, and with interfacing with the necessary systems. Work with NAU’s PostAward project team as needed.
Other – 10%
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; AND,
3-5 years of related, responisble grant proposal development, budgeting, and/or accounting experience, as well as program coordination experience; OR,
Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Master’s degree in business or related field; AND,
- 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced, grant-funded research environment.
- Experience developing proposals for and managing awards for the National Institutes of Health.
- Training experience in proposal development, project management, and compliance. issues from the National Institutes of Health, NCURA, or similar national organization
- Knowledge of eRA Commons grant reporting systems and/or similar reporting systems highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard accounting practices
- Demonstrated current and in-depth knowledge of Office of Management and Budget 2 CFR 200, the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards; knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to sponsored project budgets and accounting practices
- Demonstrated skill in crafting budget and other necessary documents for grant proposal submission for a variety of funding agencies
- Demonstrated experience with program coordination and management
- Knowledge of Cayuse SP and Cayuse 424, NIH ASSIST submission system, and/or similar proposal submission systems.
- Skill in using Microsoft Excel to create budget templates and reports
- Skill in English composition, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/faqs-for-employee-vaccination-requirement-2/.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees’ right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/ is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $55,000. Annual salary commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU’s BCBS Plan). New employees are https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/ on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee’s start date.
Learning and Development:
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Required/ includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Applications received by April 18, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply” button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the “Submit” button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus – on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD – 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3054017
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.