Innovative place management org. fueling growth of Oakland
FLSA Status: Salaried / Exempt
The Manager of Business Operations is a newly created position in support of the exciting growth of the Oakland Business Improvement District. We seek a high-level business operations professional with experience and capacity to manage finances, human resources, and administrative functions. The OBID organization is experiencing exponential growth and this position will assist the CEO in planning and policy to support a thriving, collaborative and flexible workplace culture that provide opportunities for engaging and meaningful work. This position will be on the ground focused on day-to-day operations as well as at a visionary big picture systems level of thinking as it relates to policy and protocol. The Manager of Business Operations will also assist in managing the finances of OBID’s partner organization InnovatePgh. This position will primarily work with OBID but will be deeply engaged in assisting InnovatePgh. OBID and InnovatePgh together recognize Oakland as a world class center accelerating Pittsburgh’s status as a global leader in the innovation economy.
We seek a results-driven, enthusiastic professional motivated by a desire to make a real difference in our community. We seek candidates with the demonstrated ability and desire to:
- Highly motivated, independent-thinking professional with a drive to take initiative, and willingness to actively contribute to a successful, high-functioning team.
- Contributes to a culture of openness, trust and fostering transparency.
- Exhibits high level of integrity and standards of quality in all aspects of work.
- Comfortable with working autonomously and collaboratively.
- Exhibits strength in decision-making, reasoning, problem solving and time management.
- Can think through complex problems and making decisions for the organization.
- Manage human resources functions including staff onboarding, payroll, retirement, and benefits administration including annual benefits selections.
- Manage bookkeeping, invoicing, annual audit and prepare all financial and accounting reports.
- Manage organization insurance policies and serve as point of contact for insurance brokers.
- Ensures compliance with OBID’s internal control mechanisms to ensure the effective and efficient financial management.
- Manage the BID Assessment Billing process by ensuring that the OBID meets all legal and other requirements associated with the operations of the Business Improvement District including the annual billing and collection of revenues and process delinquencies with collection agency.
- Serves as the main liaison with property owners regarding the BID, including BID payment confirmations as requested.
- Manage OBID office operations in the physical and digital workspace, serve as a liaison to IT contractor and facilitating the coordination of OBID’s IT needs
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- BA degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nonprofit or government accounting, fund accounting, accounting for multiple restricted funds, experience with management of public and private funds, internal controls,
- FASB, and GAAP compliance issues related to nonprofit organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft operating systems, Excel, Office 365, and Financial Management Software.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience and dependent on qualifications. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits package:
- 100% employer-paid individual health coverage, effective first of the month following hire date (includes medical, dental and vision)
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution beginning after 12 months of employment
- Generous PTO
- Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Monthly cell phone and parking allowance
During the coronavirus pandemic, OBID’s staff continues to work remotely to ensure the health and safety of all employees and our constituents. We anticipate maintaining flexible work schedules once we return to the office when it is safe to do so.
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter, salary expectations and three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OBID is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity and Inclusiveness
OBID strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to apply for consideration.
We are the Oakland Business Improvement District (OBID), one of Pittsburgh’s largest place management organizations. As the face of Oakland’s future, we are driven by our vision to set the standard for growth and innovation. This is accomplished by reframing the experience of the commercial, retail, office, and residential environments, while dismantling oppression, embracing diversity, promoting diverse business, and creating spaces for social, racial and economic justice. We are an established and growing organization that is seeking dedicated individuals who share our commitment to ensure Oakland’s place as Pennsylvania’s global center.
For more information, visit www.oaklandpittsburgh.com.
For more information about our partner InnovatePGH, visit www.innovatepgh.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com