Oakland Planning and Development Corporation
Website Oakland Planning and Development Corporation
Oakland Planning and Development Corporation’s mission is to build a better Oakland and help neighbors thrive by promoting homeownership, equitable development, racial equity, and neighborhood stability.
The Oakland Community Land Trust (CLT)’s goal is to create inclusive and equitable development and neighborhood stability through a nationally-proven initiative. The premise is simple: anyone who buys a home in the CLT must live in it. The goal of the position is to advance the goal of 50 CLT leases by 2026. Position responsibilities include strategy development, fundraising, and educating and engaging the community about the initiative.
OPDC is an anti-racism organization. We strive to create an environment where all our employees and community members are valued, regardless of their race, skin color, immigration status, or faith. We recognize that as a community development organization, we must be willing to identify and have uncomfortable dialogue about the systems of oppression that challenge us in all areas of our work. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinion, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Position Responsibilities will include:
CLT Program Development, Community Engagement, and Stewardship
- Leverage CLT contacts, networks, organizations at local, state, and national level
- Engage the Oakland community about the CLT
- Track progress toward program goals
- Collaborate with colleagues to offer programming
- Support CLT leaseholders to build community engagement
- Identify funding opportunities
- Build relationships with potential funders
- Explore innovative financing options and partnership options
- Develop fundraising strategy for repair/replacement reserve fund
- Create budget, operating procedures, and capital campaign strategy
- Explore and cultivate private sector partnerships to support the CLT
CLT Home Production and Sales
- Market homes to qualified buyers
- Collaborate with colleagues to assist buyers with all aspects of the property transaction.
- Explore, develop, and implement creative programming to serve low-income target populations such as lease-purchase options.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Three – five years of experience in non-profit program management
- Knowledge of housing market, real estate transactions and Fair Housing law.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; adept at relating well to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Enthusiastic, creative, self-motivated, and independent worker.
- A passion for our mission as evidenced in volunteer work or personal investment of time and energy
- Team player; open to nonprofit environment where each staff member may be called upon to do unglamorous work or fill in for another person on occasion.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce.
- Available to work a flexible schedule. Evening meetings and weekend showings are sometimes necessary.
To apply for this job please visit oaklandplanninganddevelopment.applytojob.com.