Oakland Planning and Development Corporation
Website Oakland Planning and Development Corporation
Oakland Planning and Development Corporation is seeking a Community Engagement Specialist to strengthen connections for Oakland community members, linking the organization with the community and engaging residents in neighborhood planning, advocacy, and collective action. Working with a close-knit team, the Community Engagement Specialist will support the Oakland Community Land Trust, with the goal of halting displacement and gentrification in Oakland and building opportunities for multi-generational wealth building through affordable homeownership.
Oakland Planning and Development Corporation is a nonprofit community development organization with multifaceted community-serving programs. OPDC’s mission is to build a better Oakland and help neighbors thrive. We provide affordable rental housing, sell homes to homeowners, organize and advocate for residents, facilitate planning processes, provide workforce development and financial coaching, and help youth succeed in high school and beyond.
- Constantly seek out new ways to connect with and engage Oakland residents, developing community leaders, attending community meetings, door-knocking in the community, and communicating with residents via phone, text, email, social media, etc.
- Connect individuals in need of assistance with supportive services referrals, homeowner assistance programs, and opportunities to improve financial health and well-being
- Market Oakland Community Land Trust homes to find qualified buyers, and collaborate with colleagues to assist buyers with the property transactions
- Organize various community-building and neighborhood improvement projects, including volunteer events
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field and/or five or more years of experience related to community outreach. MSW degree strongly preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent relational and communication skills, especially among diverse audiences.
- An outcome orientation and demonstrated ability to organize, plan, multitask with detail.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for OPDC’s purpose, vision and values; collegial team player.
To apply for this job please visit oaklandplanninganddevelopment.applytojob.com.