Oakland Planning and Development Corporation
Website Oakland Planning and Development Corporation
Oakland Planning and Development Corporation is seeking an experienced Property Manager to maintain high quality and excellent service for OPDC’s rental units, and ensure the rental program serves community needs.
Oakland Planning and Development Corporation is a nonprofit community development organization with multifaceted community-serving programs. OPDC’s mission is to build a better Oakland and help neighbors thrive. We provide affordable rental housing, sell homes to homeowners, organize and advocate for residents, facilitate planning processes, provide workforce development and financial coaching, and help youth succeed in high school and beyond.
The Property Manager manages OPDC’s entire rental portfolio of 101 residential units, including a Project-based Section 8 building and a LIHTC development, as well as one commercial space in Oakland, supervising a small custodial and maintenance staff. The position will provide excellent customer service to OPDC’s tenants, answering tenant phone calls, addressing complaints, collecting rent, etc., and managing routine and emergency maintenance work orders (including night/weekend call) and vendor relationships (coordination of contractors, snow removal, security, pest control, etc.). In addition, the Property Manager will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and inspections by external agencies and track asset management to advise senior management on reserve allocations and capital improvement plans.
Working collaboratively with a close-knit team, the Property Manager will help to ensure OPDC tenants are well-informed, supported, connected and engaged with the broader Oakland community.
- Bachelor’s degree in property management, real estate, or related field, plus 3 – 5 years’ experience managing contractors and construction/rehab to ensure quality, cost-effective results in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with fair housing law and all applicable local and state regulations. Knowledge of public-sector subsidy programs for affordable housing is preferred.
- Team builder who can lead and motivate staff.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, especially with regard to clients of all types and backgrounds. Demonstrated experience working congenially with difficult people.
- Highly organized, able to maintain accurate paper and electronic files, able to pay attention to detail and manage many items at one time.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule – evening/weekend call.
- Be able to lift and carry 50 pounds if needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to access properties.
- Must pass PA criminal history and credit background checks.
To apply for this job please visit oaklandplanninganddevelopment.applytojob.com.