Website Oglebay Institute
Assists and supports the President with their performance of duties as it relates to designated administrative services and human resources, including, but not limited to, their design, coordination, and implementation. Serves as the organization’s Human Resource and safety officer. Shares responsibility with the Chief Financial Officer to serve as Acting President in their absence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative Services Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of immediate and long-range planning. Serves as member of the Leadership Team, offering advice to the President on organizational policy and systems.
- Serves as liaison between Program Directors and the President.
- Supervises facility maintenance team members and coordinates the contract cleaning vendors for all facilities.
- Coordinates monthly maintenance and vehicle assignments.
- Offers support for major special events as needed.
- Responsible for coordination of the Institute’s Quality Assurance system and internal workflow efficiencies and systems. May prepare studies and analysis of the effectiveness of these systems and make recommendations to the President and members of the Leadership Team.
- Serves as “Management Confidential” to the Board of Trustees. Attends all meetings of the full-board and board committee meetings when needed serving as note-taker to compile minutes of the meetings.
- Schedules appointments and monthly meetings for the administration offices and the committees of the Board of Trustees.
- Documents Board member attendance at luncheon meetings and prepares quarterly billings for these.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Provides employee relations and responds to team members suggestions and complaints, recommending suitable action to the President.
- Serves as the administration liaison for the Institute’s benefits plans, including, but not limited to the pension plan, and insurance plans.
- Coordinates performance management processes and professional development training and tracking.
- Responsible for the development and review of HR policies, handbook, processes, procedures, and HR technologies.
- Works with the President and Leadership Team to develop and implement activities that foster a positive work culture and employee experience focused on the values of OI.
- Maintains all personnel records and tracks all paid time off, such as vacation and personal/sick leave time, etc.
- Will provide and coordinate the safety requirements and will be the designated safety coordinator.
- Maintaining HR and related employment compliance matters for the organization.
- Will design and coordinate recruitment, interviewing, and new hire on-boarding procedures and programs with leadership and program/department managers.
- Will serve as a primary investigator or coordinator with regard to helping resolve any harassment or discrimination concerns/or complaints.
- Will respond to any requests for reference or employee information, unemployment, and workers compensation claims.
Other duties as may be needed or directed to meet the needs of the Institute’s operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, business management and/or public administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional management experience in a similar or related organization.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Office 365 preferred).
- Must be trustworthy and the ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with outstanding attention to detail.
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience working in a CRM and HR/Payroll systems is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be adaptable, have a positive attitude, and willing to learn new skills
Physical Demands: Light/sedentary. Must be able to walk, sit, stand, and use a computer and related equipment, including printers. Must also be able to help with events and other related work from time-to-time, including lifting greater than 25 pounds.
Working Conditions/Work Schedule:
Work will generally be between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm in an office environment. Position may be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Submit the following electronic documents:
- A resume (limit 2 pages)
- A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position
- The names of three professional references, their email addresses and telephone numbers
Send application materials to: Danielle Cross McCracken, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job title in the subject line.
Deadline to apply is Monday, May 16, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com