Omicelo Cares, Inc
Website Omicelo Cares, Inc
Job Title: Small Business Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Omicelo Cares Mission Statement:
Our mission is to CO-POWER existing community members in low- to moderate-income neighborhoods to own financial assets, grow their businesses, and lift their incomes.
Work directly with Omicelo Cares to coordinate all participant service activities as it relates to the 7 Pillars of Sustainable Business Accelerator. This position is critical to ensuring continued success and growth for supported businesses. This individual will spend 80-90% of their time servicing accelerator participants and strategically growing the effectiveness of Omicelo Cares 7 Pillars programs. Individual will participate in the growth and sustainability of the 7 Pillars accelerator as it relates to fundraising, participant recruitment and discovering procurement opportunities for growth stage businesses.
Omicelo Cares, utilizing the 7 Pillars™ framework, provides specialized technical assistance to small businesses that, with oneonone direction & guidance, can take advantage of an immediate revenue opportunity or reasonably probable contract procurement prospect. By focusing 100% of our attention on small businesses led by under represented minorities, disadvantaged persons or businesses operating in lowtomoderate income neighborhoods Omicelo Cares meets its charitable mission and addresses the corporate social responsibility goals of the larger businesses, health systems, universities and governments that have yettobe met business & supply chain needs
The 7 Pillars are:
Performs under the general supervision of the Executive Director and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and execute service activities, such as onboarding new 7 Pillars participants, resolving service requests, gathering and compiling data for participant meetings, recruiting service providers/ contractors.
- Provide one-on-one support for 7 Pillars accelerator participants to ensure success in each of the 7 Pillars.
- Maintain client files/ dashboards and handling day to day participant requests
- Process tasks and resolve issues in timely and accurate manner
- Manage relationships with 7 Pillars participants and internal and external resource providers.
- Responsible for developing a strategic vision for growth stage businesses participating in the 7 Pillars Accelerator
- Develop relationships with external entrepreneurship resource organizations that align with Omicelo Cares’ mission to provide additional resources to supporting organizations
- Develop relationships with government and business leaders to uncover procurement opportunities for 7 Pillars accelerator participants.
- Unimpeachable personal integrity and trustworthiness and a fine-tuned sense of discretion in the handling of confidential and sensitive matters of Omicelo Cares and it’s small business clients
- Outstanding customer service principles and practices within a diverse work and customer environment.
- Perform other related duties as apparent or assigned.
Training and Experience (position requirements at entry):
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a related field.
- Experience in the strategic planning and development of small businesses or within one of the Seven Pillars
- Some experience in business development activities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Normal office environment 40% of the time. 60% of the time out in the field and attending meetings.
Salary (60k-75k) and benefits are comparable with Small Business Development Managers employed in organizations with similar size and scope.
Please send resume and cover letter to Jason Flowers, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com