Website Our Clubhouse
Providing comfort, care, and hope to those touched by cancer
About Our Clubhouse
Headquartered in Pittsburgh’s Strip District, Our Clubhouse provides free emotional and social support to all those touched by cancer in western Pennsylvania. Those living with cancer at any age, as well as the family and friends who care for them, are welcome to join Our Clubhouse and receive free support. Program offerings include clinical support, health and wellness classes, creative expression workshops, social activities, support groups, and more.
The Development Coordinator aids the management of Our Clubhouse’s overall annual fundraising strategy and will perform a variety of skilled administrative and clerical duties. This employee will mainly support Our Clubhouse’s multiple special events while also assisting other tasks directly related to nonprofit development. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to manage multiple projects with flexibility to respond to changing priorities, the ability to work under pressure while maintaining focus on detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and creativity.
- Work with staff and volunteer leadership to assist with planning, coordinating, and implementing events designed to raise funds for and/or promote awareness of Our Clubhouse’s programs and services.
- Develop materials related to events including sponsorship packages, sponsorship signage, registration materials, name tags, and more.
- Maintain and utilize spreadsheets of all special event planning timelines.
- Work at special events as directed including set-up, event execution, and tear-down.
- Coordinate with marketing to arrange promotion of events and sponsors on traditional and social media.
- Secure commitment of participation or donation from individuals or corporate sponsors.
- Draft and proof read LOIs, proposals, and reports.
- Maintain funder files and tracking documents as assigned.
- Research local, regional, and national foundations and government agencies to identify new sources of funding.
- Work with leadership and third-party partners to create bi-annual giving campaigns using direct mail, email, social media, and telephone.
- Maintain and update Our Clubhouse’s donor records, including database entry, and mailing lists.
- Track gift acknowledgement.
- Provide administrative support to development managers and staff.
- Assist in office management, including filing, word processing, photocopying, preparing reports, overseeing interns, and answering calls.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Certifications
- Undergraduate degree in writing, education, social work, public administration, public policy, or business preferred but not required.
- Act 33, 34, and FBI clearances required.
- Valid PA driver’s license, insurance, and registration required.
Experience and Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of two years of experience with event planning, nonprofit development, or communications
- Excellent written, editorial, and verbal communication skills as well as attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work beyond 40 hours per week when necessary for weekend/evening programs or meetings
- Database and website management experience
- $35,000 – $40,000
Our Clubhouse is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants should send current resume, writing sample, and cover letter addressed to the Our Clubhouse Director of Development, Caily Grube to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com