PA Alliance Foundation
Founded in 2017, the PA Alliance Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity that is focused on civic engagement and democracy advancement across Pennsylvania, working to expand access to the ballot through non-partisan voter education and mobilization. PAAF unites civic-minded Pennsylvania institutions around aligned civic engagement objectives, and facilitates their investments to leverage national resources into Pennsylvania to execute collective plans. Utilizing these resources, we bring grassroots partners together around aligned, effective democracy advancement programming, prioritizing organizations that serve and are led by Pennsylvanians of color.
In 2020, the PA Alliance Foundation used nationally leveraged funds to pursue an $11.1M civic engagement program focused on educating and mobilizing low-propensity voters of color around new options to vote early and/or by mail. The PA Alliance Foundation raised $1.5M in Pennsylvania, which leveraged $9.8M in national resources. These resources were used to educate, engage, and mobilize voters around their new voting options, resulting in the highest turnout election in Pennsylvania since 1960, with 6.9M Pennsylvanians voting and 70.93% of the voting age population participating.
The PA Alliance Foundation Executive Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the Foundation’s program goals and the day-to-day management and administration of the organization, coordinating the work of consultants and a contracted compliance team. At present, the Executive Director will be the sole dedicated staff for the organization, but staff expansion is contemplated in the medium term. The Executive Director reports to the PA Alliance Foundation Board of Directors.
Planning and Programs
- Working with the PA Alliance Foundation Board to develop and implement a strategic framework, objectives, and outcome measures for the PA Alliance Foundation’s funds;
- Partner with the Pennsylvania 501(c)(3) table in the planning, funding and oversight of civic engagement programs;
- Work with national organizations to ensure that their programs in Pennsylvania are successfully executed;
- Consult with in-state partners, national partners and grantees to maximize impact of projects and ensure grants are meeting strategic goals. This may include: regular phone calls, site visits, providing operational guidance, connecting grantees with resources or support, and convening meetings of key stakeholders;
Fundraising and Grant Management
- Develop and execute a robust in-state 501(c)(3) fundraising strategy that includes foundations, corporations and individuals;
- Lead all fundraising and pitch meetings on behalf of the PA Alliance Foundation;
- Develop proposals and author grant applications to leverage funds from national civic engagement organizations and funders;
- Develop and keep up-to-date all fundraising materials for the PA Alliance Foundation, including pitch decks, prospectus, etc.
Board Development and Organizational Management
- Serve as the main point of contact for the PA Alliance Foundation board
and manage at least four quarterly board meetings and periodic program briefings;
- Develop and manage the PA Alliance Foundation operating budget.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civic engagement and democracy advancement work;
- Strong knowledge of the Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh philanthropic and policy cultures;
- Able to demonstrate strong relationships throughout the Commonwealth;
- Strong knowledge and experience of the national civic engagement culture and landscape;
- Experience working with, and presenting to, high net-worth individuals and principals of large organizations;
- Proven ability to lead, collaborate with, and influence others in a constructive and inclusive manner; and to build and sustain collaborative relationships;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership ability and/or entrepreneurial behavior;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Culture contributor: can endorse, model, and reinforce creation of the team’s culture in the areas of developing trust, showing respect, being transparent, and creating energy;
- Experience in grantmaking a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary: $80,000 – $115,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health insurance reimbursement, mobile phone reimbursement, and generous vacation/PTO policy, including all Federal holidays.
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY
PA Alliance Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and has adopted a statement on Racial Equity. We celebrate diversity and understand that the overall organization will thrive through centering racial equity. PA Alliance Foundation is committed to actively seeking out a diverse applicant pool for this position.
Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter (no longer than 1 page) and resume to Jake Pawlak at email@example.com no later than August 6th, 2021. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org