Title: Compliance Specialist
Reports To: Subrecipient Compliance Manager
Location: Centre City Tower, Suite 2400, 650 Smithfield St., Pittsburgh, PA 15222
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
Salary Range: starts at: $41,000
As the leader of Pittsburgh/Allegheny County’s public workforce system, Partner4Work ensures that the current and future needs of businesses and job seekers are met. Through innovative initiatives and programs spanning every facet of the workforce, we bridge the gap between people looking for work and companies in need of talent.
One way P4W bridges the gap between jobseekers, skills, and jobs is through funding a variety of training programs for youth and adults. The Compliance Specialist is responsible for researching, developing, and implementing training for Partner4Work and provider staff on a range of issues related to tracking client data, customer engagement, and program performance. This position will focus on building compliance system capacity, standardizing components of operation, and ensuring Partner4Work and its provider organizations are compliant with relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical Assistance Training:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and deliver individual and/or group training and instructional programs for Partner4Work staff, program provider staff and employers.
- Identify Partner4Work and contracted provider staff training needs to ensure the security, accuracy and operability of program report systems, including the Commonwealth Workforce Development System (CWDS)
Coordinate and deliver technical assistance training to contracted providers to facilitate program compliance
- Stay current on topics and information pertinent to programs. Review program materials, including federal, state and local policies and procedures, and other relevant written materials to remain informed and knowledgeable on compliance and reporting requirements.
- Develop standardized instructional methods, objectives, and processes to improve future effectiveness of technical assistance training
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning to create interactive, multimedia presentations.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
Support Partner4Work’s effort to build understanding of the strengths, challenges, opportunities, and performance of the programs we fund:
- Audit current program compliance and efficiency, establishing new processes when required
- Monitor program reporting by reviewing, analyzing and documenting contracted provider data entry
- Develop, implement, and analyze program compliance and evaluation data collection instruments
- Evaluate subrecipient practices and progress on enrollment goals, service delivery, and client outcomes
- Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes
Support the daily communication and technical assistance needs of Partner4Work and its subrecipient organizations:
- Prepare reports detailing contracted providers program performance and compliance
- Share best practices for the purpose of enhancing processes and procedures for better performance, service delivery, and efficiency through all reporting systems
- Assist in the communication of program and fiscal monitoring and evaluation results to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in the development and maintaining of a compliance manual
- Contribute to the development of a supportive and collaborative work environment
- Provide a high level of customer service for existing and prospective program partners through transparent, accessible, and open dialogue about the organization’s strategy and prospective projects
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in a field related to education, administration, communication, training development, accounting, or public policy preferred. This position requires 1-2 years of full time work experience; however, a combination of education and work experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate training programs
- Detail oriented and highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and CRM databases
- Ability to use multi-media and webinar technology
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop relationships and effectively collaborate with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to review, understand, and recommend practices in accordance with Federal and State regulation
- Ability to travel throughout Allegheny County
- Direct service or administrative experience in social services and/or economic development a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be used to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to write and/or type; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and bend. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters in an office environment.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Partner4Work (TRWIB, Inc) provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Partner4Work is an EEO employer.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, three references, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org