As the leader of Pittsburgh/Allegheny County’s public workforce system, Partner4Work (P4W) ensures that the current and future needs of businesses and job seekers are met. Through innovative initiatives and programs spanning every facet of the workforce, we bridge the gap between people looking for work and companies in need of talent.
The Program Coordinator primarily supports the development and administration of contracted employment and training services authorized by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) under the supervision of a Program Manager. The Coordinator works closely with contracted service providers and other key partners to ensure services are effectively delivered, primarily through the one-stop career center – PA CareerLink®. The Coordinator also provides project and administrative support to special workforce initiatives, which may be funded by WIOA or other public or private resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Program Manager to support delivery of services by contracted providers, including program development, performance management, contract administration, and compliance.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of strategies and policies guiding workforce services, especially focusing on activities of the one-stop career center – PA CareerLink®.
- Provides project coordination and administrative support to special workforce initiatives, which may include particular populations, such as dislocated workers or reentrants.
- Maintains a working knowledge of WIOA program guidelines and best practices, informing design, implementation and evaluation of program services.
- Contributes to development and operation of informational tools and technologies designed to increase access to participant resources and facilitate remote service delivery.
- Provides assistance to training providers interested in having programs included on Pennsylvania’s Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) and assists them through the ETPL application process.
- Supports issuance and tracking of individual training accounts (ITA) to participants.
- Responds to requests for program-related data and documentation.
- Assists in planning and facilitating meetings of partner agencies, including community-based organizations, training providers, employers, and other key partners.
- Ensures program data is properly entered and maintained in the workforce development information system of record – the Commonwealth Workforce Development System (CWDS).
- Supports P4W promotional efforts by identifying content to highlight in communication tools.
- Contributes to a supportive and collaborative work environment at P4W through active participation in internal collaborations, team meetings, and other activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Professional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly adept at prioritizing work and multi-tasking.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with the following:
- Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Google products, such as Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, and Sheets.
- Basic online content and learning management.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with Partner4Work staff and partner agencies.
- Ability to function as a team member work collaboratively with others in a complex environment.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and other group activities involving diverse participants.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and provide informed recommendations appropriately.
- Ability to effectively utilize electronic data collection and retrieval systems.
- Ability to travel locally, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. At least one year of experience working in a related field, preferably focused on programs and activities similar to those under WIOA, is also preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be used to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to write and/or type; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and bend. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters in an office environment. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Partner4Work (TRWIB, Inc.) provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Partner4Work is an EEO employer.